Author Topic: The End is inevitable, you will not survive  (Read 8847 times)

Offline Lu Lu

• Salutes: 12
    • [zl0t]
    • View Profile
The End is inevitable, you will not survive
« on: August 05, 2016, 01:02:19 pm »
I had two ideas for Alliance. 

The first idea:

An unwinnable air supremacy battle.  Endless hordes/waves of death.  Just think about it.  No respawns, enemies come in progressively larger and stronger waves.  The longer you survive, the more points you would earn, and every few rounds, everyone still standing [flying] would get a mild buff.  The crew the lasts the longest on a map could be put on a leaderboard with the total rounds survived.

The second idea:

Land Air combat.  Instead of taking an airship to combat, your crew is placed on a refinery with the goal to hold out until reinforcements arrive. That being the win condition.  It would be a timed survival effort.  The components on said refinery would have to differ of course.  Instead of Hull Armour, it'd just be armour.  Instead of a balloon, it'd be a drill bit that would provide small buffs that would stack over time and that would reset every time it broke.

Just my thoughts on improving the variety in PvE

Offline Helios.

• Salutes: 14
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
Re: The End is inevitable, you will not survive
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2016, 08:53:57 pm »
there has been some discussion of defending a static building, but it was a long time ago, and i feel like if they were gonna do it, they would have mentioned it by now

i was thinking that if you really wanted to do the base thing, it might afford an oppertunity for a combination of a few thigns people havfe been asking for, namely ships with variable numbers of crew on them and a walk around area that you could walk around to choose your ships. imagine a base with a number of ships in it, lets say a few premade ones that captains have supplied the specs for, and people walk up to the  ship and when the appropritae number fo people get on, you lift off. who knows if any of this is even ossible, but it woudl be fun!

Offline Solidusbucket

• Salutes: 93
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2016, 03:36:18 am »
It couls be something where the static building has certain guns on it. Unique ones. Fun ones. Powerful ones

Then the crew loads into lobby as normal with a ship, captain, crew etc...

When the game starts all crews are placed onto the building (it could be separated by levels so each crew has their own level to take care of)

All components on the building could break but are not required for life. Instead they provide buffs. The endmy wins by capturing the building.

Crews can leave the building to go on their ship at captain,s discretion. Captain presses a button and everyone is sent to the ship spawn selection screen. Once dead then the spawn selection screen gives the option to respawn on ship or building.

Offline Solidusbucket

• Salutes: 93
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2016, 03:38:17 am »
Could be made extra fun with the escape pod mechanic and need for a distraction for boss ships.

I would play the shit out of this mode.

Offline Helios.

• Salutes: 14
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2016, 01:17:40 am »
i was thinking it would be fun that you would ALWAYS spawn in the building, so you could change your crew members depending on who jumped on your boat before you leave. if you empty your base to field a ton of huge airships, ok, but you might regret leaving the huge guns on your base silent. problem is you cant break their base from yours, there's something in between, a mountain or something....

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2016, 07:49:45 am »
Main thing that irritates me with assault is the fact that you gotta find the weak points and you seem to need to attack them in a certain order. Annoying enough that spots don't work in alliance to keep track of ships but for obviousreasons (might need hit warning like in first person shooters).

There's a whole ship in my way I can't really see the buildings clearly and there are no spots to guide me. Just make it like drills and kill them via shooting anywhere. But give them more health than drills if you feel they need it.

Nothing's more annoying than trying to find a weak point while being shot at and dying because you couldn't find it

also Luharis yes I felt those two modes were what the game needed. It would teach noobs combat improve pvp. And in such situations noobs only have themselves to blame as they can't complain about vets stomping them. In PvE its simply their own incompetence.

Right now though? Its significantly easier to beat alliance in solo runs. I mean ffs noobs can't even do cp. What made muse think they could do something as simple as attack a target and bringing cargo to your base, if they they can't even fly to a single shining point which the game clearly tells them to and capture/defend it?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 07:54:01 am by Third Strike »

Offline Naoura

• Salutes: 25
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2016, 01:11:57 pm »
Luh, I believe I told you of my Dreadnought idea, and I'm wondering if it would work out for that "Land Air Battle" idea.

Instead of the ground platform, the large capital ships that I'm still trying to work on. It'd be perfect for that and the Survival mode.

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2016, 06:15:34 pm »
'Buildings' would be easy to make (as easy as ships, anyways). Even turret buildings that had a helm and could be rotated on a base.

Step 1. Make the building.

Step 2. Make the building a ship with a noclip base (no collision on the lower part so you can sink it into things)

Step 3. Give the ship a billion mass, lateral drag, and vertical drag (this is so it can't be moved).

Step 4. Give it a 'gear room' with engines that can turn the ship, and give them enough power to turn the massive mass.

Step 5. Make a static base model to place in the map.

Step 6. Spawn ship/building/turret over static base.

Step 7. Win.

If you choose not to spawn as a 'turret', the spawn would still apply, but your ship would spawn over the platform as well, and you fly away.

Offline Ace of Hawks

• Salutes: 2
    • [⏅]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2016, 01:41:26 pm »
i feel like part of this idea is already in testing on the dev app for alliance. a gamemode called survive. basically a team of airshipstry to survive as long as possible. similiar to zombie hoard games. probably waves as well

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2016, 03:50:15 pm »
i feel like part of this idea is already in testing on the dev app for alliance. a gamemode called survive. basically a team of airshipstry to survive as long as possible. similiar to zombie hoard games. probably waves as well

find map corner or a narrow valley. mine it up.

infinite gg.

Offline Naoura

• Salutes: 25
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2016, 04:20:07 pm »

find map corner or a narrow valley. mine it up.

infinite gg.

And so the Munker will reign supreme.

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2016, 06:52:58 pm »
'Survive' is a misnomer. It is more of a Complete the Random Objectives match. "Do this. Now do that. Do some more things over there." instead of progressively harder waves of enemies.

A better name would be 'Battle'.