Author Topic: "The Cogs" Week 7 - Brackets  (Read 12276 times)

Offline Swallox

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 30
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
"The Cogs" Week 7 - Brackets
« on: May 01, 2013, 07:24:19 pm »
Aah, here we are. Week 7. The final 'regular' week of Season 1. It's been a fun ride so far, with some upset victories and some surprising defeats. Giants have fallen, newcomers have astounded us all, and now we see the final rotation of the Cogs before our grand finale.

Now that we're underway with the new patch, "The Labyrinth" has been added to the map rotation, giving us a potential of five 2v2 maps for the matchups. With the new patch, we'll also be seeing some serious alteration in the tactics of certain teams as the recently buffed weaponry and airships are rediscovered and utilised. It's going to be a good week.

Here are the brackets for Week 7 (Click to enlarge)

Match 1 sees ex-hotshot team The Pastafarians in the blue corner, struggling to remain within The Cogs for Season 1. With nothing to play for save for the bragging rights associated with being a part of the final Season 1 standings, you can wager that PaFa are going to be bringing out their interesting builds for this one. And in the red corner, the greatly anticipated newcomer team The Whalers has finally set sail for The Cogs, aiming to take a last-minute spot within the standings from the challenger team that had the great misfortune of meeting the Russians in their upcomer match. With the match due to be played within Battle on the Dunes, there'll be nothing but dust clouds and the wreckage of the Leviathan to separate these two.

In Match 2, it's all to play for. Polaris Company and Black Flight Squadron both have their sights set on the final seeded position within the Challenger's Cog... And they're going to be fighting tooth and nail to get to it. The winners enjoys a 'bye' throughout the entire qualifying stage and a gaurenteed spot in the quarter finals. The loser has to claw their way up through the pack for a shot at the finale's champion title. With so much on the line, the match's setting, Duel at Dawn, will stretch the nerves and courage of both teams to their limit.

But if that's a tough matchup, Match 3 is a challenge unlike any other. This is the final chance to dethrone The Paddling, who are currently sitting pretty in the Champion Cog with a winning streak stretching over the last seven weeks. Undefeated within The Cogs, the main Ducks team has come a long way since going down twice in a row to the Gentlemen in the Fjords tournament... But can they hold out for the final week and secure the weekly title for themselves, to set a benchmark that others will struggle to follow? No, not if Merry Northern Storm have anything to say about it. One of the few teams to have held the Champion Cog in the past, the Storm are looking to regain their position and their honour. MNS lost their position to the Ducks in Week 1 after a long and bitter match, kickstarting their current winning streak. Since then, no team has been able to take down The Paddling.

With the final match of Week 7 set against the glorious backdrop of the Canyon Ambush, you do not want to miss this final match between the titan crews of GoIO. It's going to be intense.

That's Week 7. The final week. As a quick reminder to the teams: The new patch IS in effect now, as you should know. Adapt and survive. You're the best players the GoIO community has to offer: Prove yourselves and seize what's yours. You know how.

As a sidenote: Sorry for the delay with this post, and the lack of a Week 7 preview. Week 6 on the test server wiped me out. You have your maps, go forth and practice. For on Saturday, The Cogs are locked.

Good luck, and stay safe.

-Swallow
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 08:26:35 pm by Swallow »

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: "The Cogs" Week 7 - Brackets
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 07:58:58 pm »
Canyon Ambush! We haven't seen The Paddling there since week 0. Should be fun.

some upset victories and some surprising defeats

Aren't those exactly the same thing?

Offline Veyka

• Salutes: 12
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
    • Just a site
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2013, 08:19:10 pm »

Picture says Canyon, text says Fjords, what is it Swallow? :o

Offline Swallox

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 30
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2013, 08:27:34 pm »

I was rushing, be nice!

Oh, and the MNS/Paddling match that dropped MNS was on Fjords, I just got a little confused. Sorry.

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2013, 10:41:14 pm »

I was rushing, be nice!

Oh, and the MNS/Paddling match that dropped MNS was on Fjords, I just got a little confused. Sorry.

No it wasn't!

Offline Morblitz

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 35
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2013, 10:42:05 pm »
Wait. So for 100% confirmation. Canyon Ambush or Fjords? The tipping thread is already running with it being Canyon, I'm confused.

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2013, 10:43:11 pm »
Looks like he edited it to say Canyon.

Offline zitruskiller

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 13
    • [PLRS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2013, 11:10:39 pm »
Yeah, yust wanted you to know, that week 7 cogs will be right on orthodox easter. Furthermore, 4 pm est,  the time when cogs are starting is midnight in Moscow, right the time when the easter divine service starts (and lasts all night). So, whats for me, i am missing this week, hope my team will win :)

Offline Helmic

• [NCNS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2013, 11:34:41 pm »
Going to keep mentioning this every week.  Get rid of those damn characters inside the cogs, they're ugly and unnecessary and they shove the team logos out of place.

Yeah, yust wanted you to know, that week 7 cogs will be right on orthodox easter. Furthermore, 4 pm est,  the time when cogs are starting is midnight in Moscow, right the time when the easter divine service starts (and lasts all night). So, whats for me, i am missing this week, hope my team will win :)

I'm sure the game can be rescheduled if you ask for it.  This is precisely what was brought up over a month ago and Swallow did say that they were going to take off Easter every year.  Having the match sometime Friday EST would probably be doable for both parties.

Offline zitruskiller

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 13
    • [PLRS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2013, 12:09:33 am »
I'm pretty sure that only I will miss this match. In any case, we have a lot of team replacements. I wrote that, mostly beacause i just wanted you to know that... hm... interesting fact

Offline Captain Lockheart

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 52
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2013, 12:22:17 pm »
nah, your not the only one zitrus, a load of people i know are missing it because of college finals.

Offline Helmic

• [NCNS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2013, 12:36:41 pm »
nah, your not the only one zitrus, a load of people i know are missing it because of college finals.

As in participants?  This is a prime example of a day that should be rescheduled in that case, it's kind of pointless if a lot of participating teams are going to be missing their best players.