Author Topic: [Alliance] I hate the Crusader, #removethebeam  (Read 5166 times)

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
[Alliance] I hate the Crusader, #removethebeam
« on: August 03, 2016, 09:48:53 am »
I know I may be in the minority here, but I truly HATE this ship. I think every bit of this ship says "Fuck the crew? Fuck the crew!".
The biggest annoyance is the beam between the bottom part of the ship and the heavy guns. Literally every time I try to take the obvious, shortest route, I hit it and can't go further. In any real life someone would hit their head once, twice and at third time he would take the axe and chop the damn thing off so he can walk through.
The hull is in a very awkward place, moved further away from the stair hole 'on purpose' so you can't repair it from the bottom. Whole ship seems awkward, unnecessarily long and unecessarily narrow.
At least #removethebeam, but for me whole ship should be taken a close look at and reworked.

Offline Helios.

• Salutes: 14
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
Re: [Alliance] I hate the Crusader, #removethebeam
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2016, 12:00:19 pm »
used to be those big white beams that hold up the stained glass window were lower, and to get to the hull you had to thread a needle between the open stairwell and the supports. now you can just run down without worrying about it. give them time, they are streamlining the new ships. it's only been in the open for two days....

Offline Schwalbe

• Salutes: 178
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2016, 01:54:46 pm »
They should work on clipping and colliders on crusader though, because right now it's awful and there are areas where you just flat out fall off the fucking ship.

Offline GurasOguras

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 30
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2016, 02:03:13 pm »
Muse knows already about how bugged is this ship. They knew it before even launching open alpha. But we're in alpha after all.. But regarding its design I like it the most of all new ships as it's mobula i always dreamed of - long instead of wide.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 02:06:18 pm by GurasOguras »

Offline Schwalbe

• Salutes: 178
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2016, 02:50:29 pm »
Yeah, from ACTUALLY good things, one can name it's symmetrical loadout potential and that you can run with gunner manning front heavy guns and middle row of light guns, while the balloon and side engines engineer can take on highest tier of guns and main run around doing his stuff with engine and hull.