Author Topic: [Alliance] Faction chat  (Read 6636 times)

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
[Alliance] Faction chat
« on: August 03, 2016, 06:58:36 am »
Like clan chat, but for all faction, so people can decide on their world progress strats and gather together on matches.

Offline GurasOguras

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 30
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
Re: [Alliance] Faction chat
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2016, 08:57:11 am »
Because let's separate already small community to even smaller subcommunities.

Offline Solidusbucket

• Salutes: 93
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2016, 09:11:10 am »
This makes sense....

It should be visible in skirmish too

We should also get notifications ablut progression either by slecting what to be notified about or by an automated system.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 09:27:33 am by Solidusbucket »

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2016, 09:32:16 am »
Guras, let's face it, community in Skirmish is already strongly separated into clans. Vets rarely play with people they don't know on their ships.
In Alliance community is already split apart into factions, so there's no changing that. On the other hand if I want to help my faction (find my faction's match) then I want to find my faction's match, and for that I can communicate more with my faction mates. Imagine factions as bigger clans except with some actual fight for power and effect in game, even if it's only colour on the map.
I honestly don't see your point. For me it would be fun to be able to plan and strategise together with my faction and it would actually enhance the community (because at least I cooperate with my faction instead of just playing with my clan and friends).

Edit: well I don't know if faction system is going to end up in skirmish, so I assume it won't, but yeah, it would be cool to have sth similar in skirmish, perhaps with clans or just, dunno, Red vs Blue thing.

Offline Kadetti Lola Ellpuu

• Salutes: 7
    • [❤™]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2016, 09:45:45 am »
Why make it like a clan chat instead of just replacing it. After all, the clan chat is one of the most useless things in the game. Seriously, it's basically the rangefinder of chats.
edit: Now that I think about it, I actually use it, but only to filter out match/global chat so I can read party chat without disturbances...
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 09:49:40 am by Cadet Lola Ellwood »

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2016, 09:50:54 am »
We didn't fight for clan chat fix only to throw it away now. Hell, I think it was one of my first suggestions back in 2014.
It's at least useful because it shows who logs in etc. and I e-mailed Muse about it showing notifications about clan applications pending.

Offline Kadetti Lola Ellpuu

• Salutes: 7
    • [❤™]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2016, 11:00:09 am »
It's not like they "fixed" the clan chat, they added one feature, which is from my point of view not totally bad but frankly redundant. I imagine if you care whether someone logs in or out, you have that person in your friend list and now you're getting the notification twice. And it still doesn't change the fact the clan chat isn't actually used to chat.

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2016, 08:24:13 pm »
Howard said he totally agrees with the faction chat idea.