Author Topic: A way to remove AFK players in the lobby  (Read 5310 times)

Offline Daft Loon

• Salutes: 47
    • [◕_◕]
    • View Profile
A way to remove AFK players in the lobby
« on: June 26, 2016, 07:08:48 am »
A function similar to reccomended loadouts, sends a popup message "Are you AFK" with a single button "No" available. If the recipient takes more than 30 seconds to click no they get moved to spectator, If they do click no the popup closes, the sender gets a message "x is not AFK" and no more AFK tests can be sent to that person for quite a while/the remainder of the lobby time since they clearly are not AFK if they responded.

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
Re: A way to remove AFK players in the lobby
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2016, 10:24:25 am »
I would like to implement "yes" button too, just for the lulz.

Well, why not. I don't need it very much but can't really oppose the idea.

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2016, 10:25:57 am »
this wouldn't be an issue if they didnt force a timer on us.

remember when the timer doesn't move until the majority readies?

It was added because babies were complaining about long lobby times. Did they gain an increase in retention? Hell no! The addition was freaking pointless!

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2016, 12:30:03 pm »
On one hand I'm not a big fan of timer either, but on the other 'waiting' is a huge problem of GOIO. Some parts of it 'could' be fixed by bigger player base, but Muse have had 2-3 years to fix this problem and they failed, some of them could be fixed by minor tweaks (map vote timer could easily be shorter, and you can't do much of planning before you know the map) and some are unfixable due to nature of the game (i.e. you have to plan your ship loadout, give loadouts to crew, discuss strategy with ally etc). Not even mentioning the stupid launcher which takes additional 20-30 seconds.
This is, of course, unfair comparison, but when I enter Rocket League and I get from double clicking the desktop icon to starting the match in like 20-30 seconds I feel GOIO has a problem.

Offline Solidusbucket

• Salutes: 93
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2016, 02:31:08 pm »
If I really just want to play without regards to quality I can usually (about 8/10 times) get GOIO open and into a game within 15 seconds plus the map loading screen.

I really wish "Custom Game" would be renamed to "Server Browser" or something similar.

The 2/10 times are when it is 4 AM and there are only 40 people online.

Also, as I was typing this, I entered into a lobby with only 3 players that weren't 45. Took me all of 10 seconds.

But, to the point: I would not really like this. I always go afk during lobby. I would hate to get booted out constantly. Even alt tabbing would make this horrific unless it had a sound queue. Even that would not solve all the problems.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 02:35:31 pm by Solidusbucket »

Offline Daft Loon

• Salutes: 47
    • [◕_◕]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2016, 05:49:19 pm »
But, to the point: I would not really like this. I always go afk during lobby. I would hate to get booted out constantly. Even alt tabbing would make this horrific unless it had a sound queue. Even that would not solve all the problems.

It would only occur if someone (im thinking crew to captain and captain to crew would have this available) noticed and took issue with your lack of response, if you turn up, adjust your loadout for the ship and then tab out for a bit chances are no-one will even notice let alone try to remove you.