Author Topic: SHIPS Balance Questions and Concerns v1.2  (Read 71080 times)

Offline Echoez

• Salutes: 40
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
Re: SHIPS Balance Questions and Concerns v1.2
« Reply #90 on: June 13, 2013, 01:07:09 pm »
Matadoring Pyra's all day is a hard job.

This quote earned you a Salute :P... in all seriousness, the spire has always been the support ship. Without a teammate assisting by cutting off anybody looking at you funny, then you're gonna have a bad day. This is hard in a 2v2, but in 3v3 it's pretty easy to accomplish (I'm excluding Polaris and their dual spire shenanigans). I'm not saying that the spire shouldn't be buffed, but that it should still keep the spire in that supporting role

Hah! Thanks.

And I agree with you, the Spire should remain a support ship. My personal opinion is that if it could turn faster than a Squid, it would be more than fine. If not faster at least equally fast. It is slow, fragile and all its components are exposed, so I believe having the turning rate be the thing of this ship would be wonderful.

But that's just me.

Also dual Spire is suprisingly ( in a very silly way ) effective, heh.

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #91 on: June 13, 2013, 02:03:53 pm »
I like pairing a double gat Pyra with a hwachafish for that one two punch that can kill a ship in a clip and a half. With the changes to the top right gun a single Spire a can match the firepower of one of the most effective ship combinations in the game. If the spire was more survivable in a brawling roll it would quickly dominate the game.

Offline Echoez

• [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 13, 2013, 04:25:45 pm »
I like pairing a double gat Pyra with a hwachafish for that one two punch that can kill a ship in a clip and a half. With the changes to the top right gun a single Spire a can match the firepower of one of the most effective ship combinations in the game. If the spire was more survivable in a brawling roll it would quickly dominate the game.

Yeah, for better or for worse, the Spire is realy fragile and can not afford to go Hwacha-DoubleGats without a realy competent teammate to take advantage of its immense firepower and even then a Mercury Pyra can destroy it easily. I realy have no idea how to balance this ship.. and I want it to be realy good cause I just love how it looks, it has that awesome junkyard style to it.

Oh well. We'll see in the future.

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #93 on: June 13, 2013, 04:41:28 pm »
A spire's survivability in a 2v1 is the lowest of any ship in the game. The squid can run, and everything else can tank better. However the double gat manticore can work in a 1v1 since the manticore's first volly has a hight probability of taking down the enemy's guns. Of course if you get in a 1v1 these days you are most likely fighting noobs and could survive in almost anything. I take the spire out when my team is on a winning streak and feel like giving the other side a fighting chance.

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 13, 2013, 04:45:13 pm »
Hell, even the Squid can tank to a certain extent when under fire, thanks to the swift hull rebuild. The Spire is the only ship in the game that can't really tank at all, it can't move quickly at all, and it's an enormous target. The high firepower simply isn't worth it.

Offline Echoez

• [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 13, 2013, 04:50:39 pm »
Hell, even the Squid can tank to a certain extent when under fire, thanks to the swift hull rebuild. The Spire is the only ship in the game that can't really tank at all, it can't move quickly at all, and it's an enormous target. The high firepower simply isn't worth it.

Sunderland pretty much summed it up in a better way that I could ever do myself x3

The Spire realy needs something going for it that isn't a 'glass cannon ship' cause those are almost never worth it unless you have lots of teammates to protect you. This means the Spire will always be locked to a 3v3 game and upwards unless you are fighting less experienced enemies than you. Which makes me sad. Spire either needs to be faster or tank better for how big a target it is. (Also turn faster)

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 14, 2013, 02:15:32 am »
In my opinion; an increase in turn speed, and increase in acceleration, moving the right gun arc more toward the front (without allowing a mercury to make trifecta but perhaps allowing a mortar) and reducing the hit box would be a good place to start.

This will allow the Spire to dodge rams, take less hits, and make it much easier to make captain Trifectas.  Even with all of this the Spire likely would not rise to top tier but it may make it more competitive.

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 14, 2013, 09:36:54 am »
Made a thread for Spire discussion to keep this thread tidy, since I think a lot of people will chime in on it.

https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,1419.0.html