Author Topic: What happened to the game?  (Read 5276 times)

timbergames@gmail.com

What happened to the game?
« on: July 05, 2016, 02:14:14 pm »
Hello all. I generally come back to GoI several times a year but really don't use the forum much. I dug up this account to ask something that's been bothering me with the new release of the DLC. I remember seeing on the Kickstarter things about economy, territories, politics, trade and crafting. Has all of that been removed before the DLC launched? Because from what I'm able to see on videos and the Steam page, it's just the same game in PVE mode.

Do these videos and descriptions just not say anything about all these features or were they tossed?

Offline Keyvias

• Salutes: 83
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
Re: What happened to the game?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2016, 02:38:13 pm »
Hello,

Thanks for asking!  So when we did the Guns of Icarus Kickstarter we did not get to the economy, trading, political level as that was one of our stretch goals.

We love the idea of faction warfare though so we've built a streamlined version that we're going to be starting August first in production. It won't have trade nor an economy, but it will have warfare and tactical choices.  I really hope you hop in game at that time (you don't need to own the DLC to try it in the open alpha) and let us know if it's fulfilling.
A lot of work has been put in to try and make this faction warfare engaging and exciting, and we need as much feedback as possible to see if we achieved that.

If you have any other questions please let me know.

Thanks!

timbergames@gmail.com

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2016, 06:18:18 pm »
Well that is a terrible shame. I don't mean to put down the work you guys do with this thread, I just had to ask. Thank you for the clarification. Is there any chance you might open the game to mod support with private mod-based lobbies/servers and such in the future?

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 146
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2016, 03:14:48 am »
I believe there is something similar to private servers coming in the future, they have mentioned it before during their fireside chats.  :D

During that chat, they also mentioned modifications and such.

Offline Solidusbucket

• Salutes: 93
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2016, 03:51:42 am »
I would personally like to see the lobbies more interconnected.

For instance, viewing who is in which lobbies without the annoyance of having to leave the lobby your currently in and then clicking through each lobby individually. Likewise, swapping slots and ships among anyone that is currently waiting to start the game. 

Right now, we have to press exit game. Then, we have to press custom game. Then, the information we are given are about 5 friends that are in it (because it gets cut off) and the number of people in it.

I'm not sure if this makes sense?

Imagine how much easier it would be for players to self balance lobbies if everyone could see every detail about each lobby that is waiting to start the game and interact with the players in those lobbies through text, voice chat, and swap slot functions. Or, the possibility of recreating lobbies to better suit what game types people want to play.

My idea isn't anything new, btw. Counter-Strike Source has this type of thing to it. Minus the swap slots and text / voice chat function. You simply press Find Server, go down the list, right click a desired server, and you can view information about the players in the game.

I am still wondering why it is called "Custom Game"

It is  clearly a lobby browser with the additional function of having the create lobby on the left.

« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 03:58:44 am by Solidusbucket »