Author Topic: Secondary use for Moonshine  (Read 16937 times)

Offline Gryphos

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 57
    • View Profile
Re: Secondary use for Moonshine
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2013, 03:24:03 pm »
My god!

I didn't know how effective moonshine was for ramming until I read this thread and tried it myself. And now I always take moonshine when using a Pyra and am having a blast. You don't even need impact bumpers as the damage dealt to you is negligible. Goodbye kerosene and impact bumpers and hello Moonshine.

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2013, 03:30:20 pm »
I use both kerosene and moonshine on my ramming build: kerosene for positioning and accelerating, moonshine for locking on target, hitting full speed, and keeping the ship pointed forwards.

Offline Lorox

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2013, 02:22:56 pm »
I've been trying this out since I read this thread, with great results.

One thing that did take me by surprise though was going against another pyra which I can only assume was using the same technique, given it's speed. They began to beeline towards us, so I killed the engines and switched over to moonshine to prevent us spinning away, only to have not only our hull armour totally destroyed, but also our health. Insta-death!

Not sure if this was just unfortunate circumstances or moonshine vs. moonshine creates some sort of force deadlock causing more damage... more testing needed!