Author Topic: Version 1.4.6 Release Notes  (Read 40014 times)

Offline Grixis

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 15
    • View Profile
Version 1.4.6 Release Notes
« on: May 23, 2016, 07:33:56 am »
New content:

New VIP Game Mode:

You’ve gone out on your own to play this mode, and we’ve seen how much fun you all have.  We’ve connected with Tropo, Richard, and KitkatKitty the creator and organizers of the player run VIP matches to discover how your rules and nuances make the mode fun.  Score points by killing each team’s VIP.  If the VIP kills another VIP, you get bonus points!  First team to get the required points wins the match.  Important thing to note, the first ship on each team in the match lobby is designated as the VIP.  Plan accordingly!  There are 5 revised maps to play this hectic mode on with a set of achievements to boot.  Happy Hunting.

New Tutorial:

The best crew member is a crew who knows how to complete basic tasks on the ship.  This is why we’ve completely revamped our tutorial to ensure that new players can have a place on every ship.  It even offers mini-game challenges that even the experienced players can test the skills with and earn medals.  There are tutorials for all classes and each one is meticulously instructed by Captain Morrison via radio (just in case you crash the ship).  These revisions should offer a more in-depth yet concise, and highly engaging way to learn how to play the game.

New Friend Referral:

Our players have gone out of their way to recruit, refer, and bring in an amazing number of friends, and it’s vital to the growth of our community. It’s the reason we have such great clans and upstanding players. To reward and push for more players to do the same, we’ve added in a referral system. On the main page you can click the “Review and Recruit” button to get your code and give it to friends. Once they redeem this code you and them will earn items, dyes, and exclusive titles! Each player can only be recruited once so make sure to grab your friends quickly and look for more.

New Coupon System:

A new reward has been added into the game. Coupons! You’ll be able to receive these in the new friend referral feature and in other upcoming reward systems. These coupons will give you your choice of items from the store at a discount instead of simply being assigned a reward. Once you get one all you have to do is use the store and you will see your coupon applied on checkout.

New Workshop Items:

Decals

Hats

Changes:

• Anti-aliasing method is now stated in the options menu
  • Different animation for Character in customization window when zoomed in
  • Notification when a novice player’s class gets changed from pilot in non-novice matches
  • Increased character limit for notifications
  • Functionality of hold R and F to throttle forward and backward
  • Performance optimisation for multiple Flares
  • Bounty and bounty hunter scoring improvement
  • Different mechanics for Captain's recommendation spam filter (now works in a similar way like chat spam filter)
  • Disallow players to move to the other team via spectator in system-made lobby

Bugfixes:

• Engine sound cuts off abruptly when changing direction
  • Match end screen gunner stat text overlaps
  • Match end screen effect out of borders
  • UI bug when you're inspecting a ship from a running lobby, but the lobby ended
  • Multiple notifications when AFK kicked
  • Clipping on top deck of Pyramidion
  • Seats misplaced on heavy guns after swapping them in practice mode
  • Floating smoke on Junker and Spire
  • Message saying guns are locked because player is in novice yet he isn't
  • All-weather Service Cap is missing the upper half of the model
  • Clan page text might get out of border
  • Display issue with hair 'Cropped Pixie'
  • Display issue with hair ‘Nihongami’
  • Dye confirmation UI element shows up when viewing another players’ load-out
  • Message saying guns are locked because player is in novice yet s/he isn't
  • Too long titles at match end screen
  • Ship type name cut off on match end screen
  • The size of gaps vary between the notches of the hull health
  • Hwacha fire animations missing occasionally

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 146
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
Re: Version 1.4.6 Release Notes
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2016, 08:04:30 am »
Ooh!

I look forward to trying these when I get home from work.  :D

Offline Daft Loon

• Salutes: 47
    • [◕_◕]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2016, 08:14:35 am »
"Functionality of hold R and F to throttle forward and backward"

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

"Disallow players to move to the other team via spectator in system-made lobby"

I forsee a lot of hate for this but if it makes (relatively better) balanced lobbies form faster in practice I could live with it.

"Message saying guns are locked because player is in novice yet he isn't"

That one was really starting to get annoying, glad to see it fixed

"Message saying guns are locked because player is in novice yet s/he isn't"

That one was really starting to get annoing, glad to see it fixed in an inclusive manner

Offline Tfaltys

• Salutes: 10
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2016, 08:43:58 am »
Just gonna mention here that on Labyrinth the majority of buildings are now invisible. Not sure if this is a feature

Offline HelFyre

• Salutes: 7
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2016, 09:32:34 am »
VIP mode seems very fun.

I played the pilot tutorial and noticed that the keys for changing throttle/assigning AI etc aren't indicated. Furthermore it's a bad example to have the gatling/mortar this way round in the pilot tutorial.

In the engineer tutorial, the chef spray run test is bugged, if you fail the test, it doesn't properly reset.
I like the positional audio and Brian leaning against the pyramidion wall. I feel like there should be some clearer indication to the correlation between engine thrust (or speed) and health- when damaged the ship changes direction and moves slower. It's worth mentioning that the balloon takes significantly more fire damage. A simulation (or test) to show the advantage of using them spray would have been nice, but is probably more than you want to offer.

In the gunner tutorial, the gunner should be given a pipe wrench. We're told to examine the description of ammo to try and see what they're useful for, a suggestion that more experienced players will be able to offer good advice is ideal here, for obvious reasons. We didn't see how stamina can be used to turn guns further. We didn't see the idea of arming range, either, so i can't find any place where it's explained clearly. That's ok. Again the gatling and mortar are on the wrong sides, though I see why this is done, it's rather unfortunate.

I wasn't able to review these tutorials beforehand due to personal constraints

Finally, for now, upon finishing a game, I wasn't able to navigate to the stats/score tabs as before (in the postgame analysis).

---
Nice costumes

« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 09:43:10 am by HelFyre »

Offline HelFyre

• Salutes: 7
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2016, 11:00:29 am »
Also "ships fall faster."

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 146
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2016, 11:08:00 am »
*Prepares Blenderfish and Carro Pyra*    8)

Offline Schwalbe

• Salutes: 178
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2016, 11:21:13 am »
Disallow players to move to the other team via spectator in system-made lobby

Why such fuckery?

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2016, 11:30:14 am »

Thanks, Obama :/

Edit: Schwalbe delivers
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 11:33:32 am by Mr.Disaster »

Offline Fynx

• Salutes: 30
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2016, 11:41:06 am »
In general, this patch is awesome. However...

Fortunately there're few workarounds for this game breaking bug.
1. You can try to crewform with friends and hope you're going to be put in the same lobby your friend just left to play with you (or wait an eternity to find another one)
2. You can queue as a spectator and hope you get into the same lobby as your friend is in
3. You can create a lobby with your friends in it and open it to the queue.

I understand the intention to balance the lobbies, but hey, this is ridiculous. It doesn't even prevent the clan stacks joining from queue with full teams.

New VIP Game Mode

There are certain issues with this. There were already proposals about "little" points being scored by killing ships other than VIP, otherwise there's the VIP ship flying around and his ally / allies rushing the enemy VIP. That takes forever for less than experienced players, it's even worse than old CPs.

Additionally, I think there are some unintentional fall physics changes... would be nice if that was addressed. Ships tend to fall really fast now.

Offline Watchmaker

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 55
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2016, 11:47:14 am »
Additionally, I think there are some unintentional fall physics changes... would be nice if that was addressed. Ships tend to fall really fast now.

This was a misconfiguration, and should be fixed now.  The peril of unreleased features.

Offline MightyKeb

• Salutes: 78
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2016, 12:31:01 pm »

This was a misconfiguration, and should be fixed now.  The peril of unreleased features.

Additional bugs:

- It's not just Lab that has invisible buildings, it's Paritan aswell.

- The new HUD from dev app is in Skirmish, despite there being no patch notes about it.

- Spire is set to a 1 star ship and is available in novice matches (It's been a few patches since tihs happened, please fix this, not only does it conflict with the objective difficulty of spire but ruins novice game balance.)

Offline Atruejedi

• Salutes: 64
    • [❤❤❤]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2016, 12:37:40 pm »

GET THE PITCHFORKS!!!

This is seriously so stupid. WHY!?!

Offline BobDoleReigns

• Salutes: 4
    • [HIV-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2016, 12:48:56 pm »

GET THE PITCHFORKS!!!

This is seriously so stupid. WHY!?!

+1... Like do you even play your own game? I mean who's rear did you pull this crap out of? Whoever though this was a good idea needs to be looking for a new job.

TLDR; hotfix on friday?

Offline Schwalbe

• Salutes: 178
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2016, 02:12:58 pm »
It's not the first time Muse did so, only to enrage the playerbase.

Because the idea is retarded.

Also. New HUD. Umh. These proportions are just wrong; and not in a Quake1 architecture sense.