Author Topic: So, I was trying to stack a lobby  (Read 10027 times)

Offline Solidusbucket

• Salutes: 93
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
So, I was trying to stack a lobby
« on: June 26, 2016, 06:49:40 pm »
So, we made a premade stack. 6 of us. Jokingly I swap sides, then exit, then try to join on the green people. Normally, this would have put me back onto their team. However, it did not. It kept me on the opposing side.

So, I try again.

The loophole has been sealed. No big deal. I try another alternative.

I leave the game again and have one of them invite me. No luck. I'm stuck on the other side.

I eventually get onto their side by going to spectate then having one of them swap slots with me.

I'm complaining, btw.

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
Re: So, I was trying to stack a lobby
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2016, 07:34:58 pm »
I am currently pointing and laughing.

The fact that your intention was to mock other players while thinking you're on a superior stance lends no pity for you.

Offline Solidusbucket

• [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2016, 07:47:42 pm »
The lobby was empty except for us.

Also, I would never seek pity for my misfortunes from a video game. Okay, that's a lie. Several times I tried to get my wife to pity me.

I just think it should be addressed that sending out an invite while in lobby should probably place the person onto the same ship or the same team. Last resort should be to place them on the opposing team.

« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 07:49:26 pm by Solidusbucket »

Offline Daft Loon

• Salutes: 47
    • [◕_◕]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2016, 09:19:01 pm »
There is clearly only 1 solution - become so good that the team opposing you is always underdog, therefore allowing you to swap to them.

Or i suppose become so bad that it allows you to swap to the stronger team

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2016, 10:55:29 pm »
There is clearly only 1 solution - become so good that the team opposing you is always underdog, therefore allowing you to swap to them.

Or i suppose become so bad that it allows you to swap to the stronger team

That causes problems for those trying to grind Udog wins.

Why does muse think up achievements that the system and in-game practices make astronomically impossible unless you're blatantly cheating?

Offline Skymonger

• Salutes: 22
    • [◥ɸ◤]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2016, 11:59:00 pm »
...you guys didnt know this..? Really?
Its like a week old by now.

Well, muse did somethin. Trying to join up on Clan members on the other team aint happenin.
Even if you leave lobby and try to join back on em.

You either do Dafts method of Self failure or Intense success...
Or you be simple and just make a crew before entering the matchmaking hell.

Though...im more concerned as to...HOW they are judging us to be too powerful to switchteams.

Offline Schwalbe

• Salutes: 178
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2016, 03:35:36 am »
Oh.

Oh, ok.

I wanted to come back to this game after my exams. I really did.

Oh well.

Offline Atruejedi

• Salutes: 64
    • [❤❤❤]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2016, 04:04:14 am »
Though...im more concerned as to...HOW they are judging us to be too powerful to switchteams.

They claim the spectate-swap functionality was used to stack teams. Which is bullshit. Teams are/were stacked by searching from crew form after every match to keep teams together and stacked.

Spectate-swap was used by the community to balance lobbies and condense crews to allow matches to begin more quickly. Now we can't do that.

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2016, 05:25:24 am »

They claim the spectate-swap functionality was used to stack teams. Which is bullshit. Teams are/were stacked by searching from crew form after every match to keep teams together and stacked.

Spectate-swap was used by the community to balance lobbies and condense crews to allow matches to begin more quickly. Now we can't do that.

Point invalid because blocking only occurs when the resulting switch results in too hi an mmr (based on observation).

Offline Schwalbe

• [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2016, 06:38:42 am »
What jedi meant, was Muse taking away the spectator swap functionality.

What YOU mean on the other hand, by 'blocking', is blocking the possibility to join the desired team by invitation or any other means, due to mmr - am I correct?

Just wished to point out, that the two of you are talking about two separate matters, not interchangeable (I believe that's the term) to each other.

Offline MightyKeb

• Salutes: 78
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2016, 07:50:37 am »
I found a semi-workable loophole for this the other week. If you're a common pleb like me and don't play the useless class (gunner) and/or dont win alot with it, you might be able to join the team again if you switch to gunner beforehand since you actually have a seperate MMR for each class. This could also work with engineer/pilot theoretically, maybe not with pilot if it switches you to engi beforte it can count your MMR with no captain slots left.

Offline Solidusbucket

• [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2016, 11:13:15 am »
I find this to be a possible issue.

Scenario: 4 people go into crew form. They find a match. One disconnects. They come back in and are invited. However, the team they are on is already stacked to they are placed on the opposing team.

Now that crew either leaves the lobby or plays without their fourth.

Its a silly rule.

This game is based on teamwork as part of a crew. It is hard to argue that the game is generally more fun to be with a familiar captain / crew than an unknown one. The game is taking that away by trying to autonomously balance.

The thing is, with the amount of players on this game at times (drops down to 30 every day and it might peak at 500 on a normal day), it cannot be balanced properly through autonomy. The players have to do it. Most players want to do it.

Nothing is fun about going into a lobby with two premade high level ships against lower level opponents other than playing with familiar people. As captain, its nice to work with a crew that have played many hours together. Likewise, it is nice to work with a co-captain that knows what they are doing. As crew, its nice to work with a captain that will give ample time to shoot or do proper repair cycles before blowing up.

In my experience, when I am part of a two premade, high level ships, or hell, even one, the goal is to try and find matches of equal skill level. So many times have we hunted players down by waiting for their status in the friends tab to swap to "searching" before beginning our own search so that the game would place us all in the same lobby. Sometimes, we watch the end of a match happen in a lobby that is stacked, knowing a rematch would not happen (harder to do now due to the new vote rematch requirement), then make our own lobby, knowing the side that was stacked would go back into crew form and immediately hit their play button again. Thus, through the autonomy of the game system, herd them to our lobby and proceed to have a well balanced match.

Why are we relying on the games autonomy to pull this off. Why is this Play button even a thing when the auto MM does not, can not, properly do its job given the ratio of "less experienced" to "play the game way too much-experienced" players. (those aren't real questions. You don't have to answer them.)

All we need is to get rid of this play button. Create a server browser that promotes autonomy but does not force it. It is not very difficult to guide people in the direction that is intended. What the players of this game need is a simple, intuitive server browser which offers the searcher enough information to make the correct decision on which lobby to join -and- and lobby creation system which gives the creator enough room to customize the lobby to certain specification. (this would also really help with events, btw.)

« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 11:20:10 am by Solidusbucket »

Offline Schwalbe

• [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2016, 04:15:03 am »
Ayetach claims as if being invited will surely put you on your team's side, unless it's full.