Author Topic: Dear Devs, Make Game F2p  (Read 14050 times)

Offline Daedalus Hubris

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
Dear Devs, Make Game F2p
« on: May 13, 2016, 07:29:10 am »
Dear Muse,
GOI population is low. The population is so low that for new/casual players like myself find it neigh impossible to be matched against/with players of our low caliber and is most cases are matched against/with highly skilled and highly experienced players. This means that we are a detriment to our crew and the that GOI has become a discouraging place for our kind. I have brought my friends and even gave them copies I paid for only to have them returned or discarded as your masterful community slaughters us like pigs.

Members of the GOI community would use words like "niche", "loyalty”, "updates" and sheer denial of population statistics provided by steam. This is not to say that they don’t care, but rather care too much and have lost objectivity. This is why I appeal directly to you, GOI developers-

MAKE GUNS OF ICARRUS FREE TO PLAY!

This is not to say forsake your patrons who have invested so much. Reward them with exclusive gifts, and cherish their undying loyalty. The market has had nearly 4 years of GOI and any additional purchases at this point would be diminished making the hit to your overhead minor. You can then replace the lost funding by enhancing micro transactions. Your community and myself have trust in your good judgement to not establish a pay to win system.

Hopefully funding will be there for the expanse of Muse.

With upmost regard,
-The Last Fox

P.S.
Dear GOI Community,
You may comment all you want, your opinions are well known, but I can’t be bothered to read them because they are terribly uninteresting. I do however, encourage you all to have a beer for me and be merry. If you are of insufficient age a chicken wing will suffice.

Cheers,
-The Last Fox

Offline Schwalbe

• Salutes: 178
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile

Offline Atruejedi

• Salutes: 64
    • [❤❤❤]
    • View Profile
Re: Dear Devs, Make Game F2p
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2016, 08:01:26 am »
In a word: No.

In more than a word: We have a high enough turnover rate as it is. Making it free-to-play makes it a newb haven where, because nobody paid any money, new players have no real reason to invest time into learning the game. Free-to-play Guns of Icarus would destroy the player base that already exists by driving away all of the current players, myself included.

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2016, 08:09:06 am »
You may comment all you want, your opinions are well known, but I can’t be bothered to read them because they are terribly uninteresting.

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2016, 08:18:15 am »
You may comment all you want, your opinions are well known, but I can’t be bothered to read them because they are terribly uninteresting.

So you're basically a preacher that tells us the ULTIMATE TRUTH and doesn't expect us to discuss?
Oh, well, the only people I despise more than those of this kind are the communists. That's saying a lot and I mean it.

But more to the point, if you want to adress devs directly you should write on feedback@musegames.com , they, as you, can't be bothered with reading some of the discussions on the forum, and now I can see why ;]

Developers have made it clear that GOIO will never be free-to-play. One the thing that people are willing to praise in GOIO is it's community - if game goes f2p the community would be ruined. Not to mention the money issue.

//Mods, if he doesn't read it is it still bad to tell him to shove a cactus up his ass? Does the tree that nobody hears still make the sound? :D

Offline Lanliss

• Salutes: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2016, 08:37:30 am »
Is it bad that I physically winced when reading this? Especially the part where the guy basically insulted anyone who comments on it.

Offline Schwalbe

• [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2016, 09:00:37 am »

But more to the point, if you want to adress devs directly you should write on feedback@musegames.com , they, as you, can't be bothered with reading some of the discussions on the forum, and now I can see why ;]

//Mods, if he doesn't read it is it still bad to tell him to shove a cactus up his ass? Does the tree that nobody hears still make the sound? :D

Roasted af.

Offline Skymonger

• Salutes: 22
    • [◥ɸ◤]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2016, 12:31:58 pm »
Players of our low caliber...?
I just ran into 6 full ships of low levels last night.
If anything it's more difficult to find players of HIGH caliber. So I dunno what you are on about.

I also like the fact you CASUALLY insulted the GOI community because you are afraid of the backlash pf comments from posting this. Frankly, you should be, because your points are REALLY UPSETTING putting it nicely.

But since
I can’t be bothered to read them because they are terribly uninteresting.

Im not going to bother trying to counter because it's "terribly uninteresting"
So...I'll just leave this here.

Respectfully of course.

Offline Schwalbe

• [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2016, 12:38:48 pm »
There's no need to be respectful against an incomprehensive, self-entitled piece of fuckin shite who doesn't even understand such basic things like how conversation works, AND thinking saying stuff like that will cut off any opposing counters.

Hahahahahahahaha.

No.

You're just showing that you are a dick, and probably, somehow even more carcenogene than myself.
Nothing to be proud of.

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2016, 12:39:57 pm »
Calling for a thread lock. Thread has no real purpose.

Offline Skymonger

• [◥ɸ◤]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2016, 01:00:37 pm »
There's no need to be respectful against an incomprehensive, self-entitled piece of fuckin shite who doesn't even understand such basic things like how conversation works, AND thinking saying stuff like that will cut off any opposing counters.

Hahahahahahahaha.

No.

You're just showing that you are a dick, and probably, somehow even more carcenogene than myself.
Nothing to be proud of.

Oh of course. I have no need to be respectful.
BUT. I need to save my own skin from the mods right?
If I was allowed to, I would bury this guy in obsentities.

...oh cool. I'm a dick. THIS CHANGES THINGS.

Offline nanoduckling

• Salutes: 116
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2016, 01:58:01 pm »
People are judged by many things, but one universal measure of their quality is if their actions further or hinder their objectives. By this standard, the OP really does suck. Now even if the developers did want to do something free-to-pay like they cant do it without the most recent advocate for it having behaved like a total jackass. If you brought the same tactical and strategic insights to the game played from your hard drive as you have to the game played in the forum I am not surprised you have been repeatedly crushed.

Offline Lanliss

• Salutes: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2016, 02:25:28 pm »
Players of our low caliber...?
I just ran into 6 full ships of low levels last night.
If anything it's more difficult to find players of HIGH caliber. So I dunno what you are on about.

I also like the fact you CASUALLY insulted the GOI community because you are afraid of the backlash pf comments from posting this. Frankly, you should be, because your points are REALLY UPSETTING putting it nicely.

But since
I can’t be bothered to read them because they are terribly uninteresting.

Im not going to bother trying to counter because it's "terribly uninteresting"
So...I'll just leave this here.

Respectfully of course.
I know it is pretty much against everything we should stand for as a great community, but that picture, in this context, made my day. I really hope the mods don't have to flag everyone in this thread for breaking the rules...

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2016, 04:02:09 pm »
Devs don't really read the forums. Basic rule #1 of any community.

Offline Skymonger

• [◥ɸ◤]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2016, 04:10:23 pm »
I know it is pretty much against everything we should stand for as a great community, but that picture, in this context, made my day. I really hope the mods don't have to flag everyone in this thread for breaking the rules...

Honestly, everyone in this thread wouldn't be pissed at him and would kindly counter his arguement of "making GOI free to play" because he was "matched up with high levels and promptly slaughtered"

We would encourage him that he is NOT a detriment to crews because us high levels have been lvl 1 before and we know EXACTLY what to teach the new guys to NOT BE A DETRIMENT.
A lot of us teach the rookies after all.
I even slaughtered a lvl 45 captain as a lvl 6 captain and pulled my ass through a match and won as a lvl 3 with an ALL AI crew at one time, so who the fuck cares about levels?

But...

He had to say "I can't be bothered to read them because they are terribly uninteresting"
Which is an alternative wording for "I know what I'm saying is right, so fuck you guys, you don't know shit and I don't care about your words."

And you know what? That's fine.
I don't give a shit either. I'll just continue slaughtering your arrogant asses and laugh maniacally as I put my boot up your ass.

And at the end of the day
THIS DOSENT HELP ANYTHING.
By implementing this, you basically get a massive influx of new guys to be promptly slaughtered by the vets.
So rather than fixing the situation that you got matched up with Vets and got slaughtered... By simply moving on, learning more, and gain more experience and not take this loss so badly...
You basically blew it out of proportion 100 times worse.
Sure you meet more low levels, but it Dosent help if you get matched up against a high level again hmm???

But why do you care? My response is "terribly uninteresting"
So The vets will simply say your slaughter was a "terribly uninteresting" excuse of a match.

Eeeerrrrrrrggghhhhhh!!! His words are seriously pissing me off everytime I read them!

« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 04:13:00 pm by Skymonger »