Author Topic: PS4 release?  (Read 11432 times)

Offline reidloS doG

• Salutes: 0
    • [WSK]
    • View Profile
PS4 release?
« on: May 09, 2016, 03:33:53 pm »
Just wondering if this is still in the making.

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
Re: PS4 release?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2016, 03:41:33 pm »
they can't until sony uses a compatible version of unity.

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2016, 04:16:06 pm »
Unity has been compatible with the PlayStation 4 for over a year. If there is any hang up I suspect it it in the voice communication since GOI uses a Steam based SDK, I think. Muse could also be waiting for the release of Alliance so they can bundle the whole game instead of asking users to download DLC for arguably more content than the original.

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2016, 04:22:07 pm »
hamster....

http://steamcommunity.com/app/209080/discussions/0/357284131795120318/

its literally the copy paste response.

Offline reidloS doG

• Salutes: 0
    • [WSK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2016, 06:53:16 pm »
Thank you for the quick response.  Good to know it's still in the plans.

Offline Skymonger

• Salutes: 22
    • [◥ɸ◤]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2016, 12:45:12 am »
I hope when GOI gets released on the ps4, we PC players get to play with them.
Raise the Playercounts, thus reducing the matchmaking times.

I hope so anyway...

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2016, 04:05:06 am »
PC with PS4 players huh...

Question:

Did you ever play on Xbox Live?

Answer:

Yes - Alright you've obviously got the shortest memory in the history of mankind. That or you a super masochist that is currently getting major turned on by this reply.

No - 3 Words = Call of Duty. You really don't want PC and console gamers to ever play together. It's like throwing a goat into the middle of four cages. One has lions, two has T-rexes, three has mecha sharks with lasers, and four is Pauly Shore. Then you open the cages and...I'm sorry it's just too graphic to even describe...

Offline C r o w

• Salutes: 15
    • [Lock]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2016, 04:38:14 am »
There is still chance to get good, for example, I see PS4 players in War Thunder staying on par with pc   players.
Hell, once I met one that was so good we needed four planes to actually take him down!
Planetside 2 is also cross-platform, and I found myself better on PS4 than I was on PC.
With these examples I mean that GoIO on PS4 may be not be like you described it:
It's like throwing a goat into the middle of four cages. One has lions, two has T-rexes, three has mecha sharks with lasers, and four is Pauly Shore. Then you open the cages and...I'm sorry it's just too graphic to even describe...

Also, CoD is known for being home of these hyperactive-hyperactive players with aimbot-level eyes.
And, unlike CoD, GoIO has a high learning curve, where only the people wilful to reach high levels get (or should get, all hail the matchmaker) to fight with our wonderful, hyper-experienced, slightly-insane, sometimes-salty, veterans.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 04:39:59 am by Crow of Cainhurst »

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2016, 08:10:56 am »
I hope when GOI gets released on the ps4, we PC players get to play with them.
Raise the Playercounts, thus reducing the matchmaking times.

I hope so anyway...

I do confirm from memory that Howard did confirm crossplay was what was planned.

Also guilder. As a vet you should know how to deal with such scrubs as they appear during sales regardless.
You crush them into a fine salty dust. High noob population is already a problem. It can't get any worst seeing as most matches I find myself being the god of victory. It just means more people to crush. Pub will always be pub. With crossplay, pub will stay exactly the same in quality.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 08:15:54 am by Admiral Yi Sun-sin »

Offline Skymonger

• Salutes: 22
    • [◥ɸ◤]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2016, 04:22:13 pm »
PC with PS4 players huh...

Question:

Did you ever play on Xbox Live?

Answer:

Yes - Alright you've obviously got the shortest memory in the history of mankind. That or you a super masochist that is currently getting major turned on by this reply.

No - 3 Words = Call of Duty. You really don't want PC and console gamers to ever play together. It's like throwing a goat into the middle of four cages. One has lions, two has T-rexes, three has mecha sharks with lasers, and four is Pauly Shore. Then you open the cages and...I'm sorry it's just too graphic to even describe...

Is it really that bad?
And to answer that question, no. Fuck Xbox live. I stopped playing consoles at PS3. Plus, I wasn't willing to pay for a subscription to game servers when PS3 had it for free.
(Also...seriously cod? Battlefield brother. Stop hurting yourself with that.)
Anyway, I was hoping cross play would be good because it raises the player counts, thus ruining the matchmaker hells. I didn't say it would make things more fun.

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2016, 08:51:45 pm »
I didn't say I played COD. I just imply you can categorize everything wrong and unholy with gamers under one label: Call of Duty.

I'm a Battlefield player more myself but still, every time I'd come across one of these foul inhuman pieces of filth, they'd be classified as a Coddie.

Yeah Crossplay has been stated as a thing and really Muse is smart to do it just for numbers reasons. But it's going to be bad for PC players because we have no kick function. All we can do is block list and Muse took away mid match blocklisting. Meaning you'd have to sit there listening to one of these pieces of human excrement until the match ended.

If GOIO gets a kick function, I'd have no problem with console players. Yes I would abuse it. "Are you a console player?" "Yes" "Ok bye bye." (kick)

Yes its cruel and mean and terrible and all that but how many console players have Mics? How many aren't Coddies? Sure we get Coddies in PC but they generally lose interest and get a refund before they become a major problem. Then there is the performance factor. Mouse > gamepad anyday. Their reaction times will be slower and their ability to look and track targets will be bad too. There is a reason M$ kept the 360 locked to gamepad. While I hated it, they had a point about leveling the playing field. PS4 will not be level. Better to shoot first and ask questions later than to have to explain to them they are mere insects in the eyes of PC players.

Offline Daft Loon

• Salutes: 47
    • [◕_◕]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2016, 12:09:25 am »
Muse took away mid match blocklisting.

The scoreboard in the esc menu allows mid match blocking/unblocking, although its a little slower than the old tab scoreboard.