Author Topic: The Uber Flare Engineer  (Read 9250 times)

Offline Huskarr

• Salutes: 29
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
The Uber Flare Engineer
« on: May 09, 2016, 01:38:34 pm »
*you read a notice on the local notice board*
It reads:
"
Have you heard the Legends of the Uber Flare Engineer (UFE)?
Recently I have started hearing rumors about a Chaladon engineer, who is a god with the Flare. He has apparently landed supposedly impossible shots.
He hit a junkers balloon at 750 meters range without heavy clip once a rumor states. I would like to know more about him.
If you have any information for me feel free to contact me, Huskarr. I'm usually around here somewhere.
Huskarr"

Offline C r o w

• Salutes: 15
    • [Lock]
    • View Profile
Re: The Uber Flare Engineer
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2016, 12:38:01 pm »
I have heard that he flies aboard one of those old models of Pyramidion, that is extremely fast and manoeuvrable and is equipped only with flare guns, capable of sniping targets at insane distances, I have also heard that the entire crew is filled with phenomenal men like this!

(What this thread would be really about?)

Offline Skymonger

• Salutes: 22
    • [◥ɸ◤]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2016, 03:55:39 pm »
I've heard that he doesn't even fly.
He just hides outs in the mountains of Anglea in his rickety monoplane zipping here and there, flaring out ships with his rifled Flare gun during snow storms.

Some say he does it to annoy ships. Others say that it's a cry for help and every one freaks out and run se opposite direction. Because...well an Omminous green light during a blizzard?
Who WOULDNT piss themselves?

Those brave enough to go towards the light though end up getting buried in an avalanche. So maybe he's trying to capture ships with a mountain?

(This is a rumor thread. We are trying to make a ghost of a person seem way too awesome or scary than reality even if it ain't true. Or MIGHT be true.)

Offline C r o w

• Salutes: 15
    • [Lock]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2016, 06:22:12 pm »
No, what do you say?!? You make appear the Uber Flaregineer like a villain!
That's totally the opposite of what I have heard!
I heard he's is a hero, that guides lost people trough storms with his flares, guides pirates to their demise and burns all those he view as unworthy of passage!

One thing that a friend told me, is that the Flaregineer once, during one of the fiercest storms that the shores of Chaladon have ever seen, saved an the entire defence fleet of a coastal city by guiding them to the airdocks with his flares!
Another fiend of mine even says that later on, he even saved that city from air-bombardment by Baronite vessels, since it is said that he blinded all the attackers!

I heard one guy claiming that once he travelled with the Flaregineer on board, and they were attacked by pirates. The Flaregineer managed to fix in no time a flare gun and shot right to a pirtae vessel's balloon, burning and therefore totally destroying it!

Offline SunSkin

• Salutes: 2
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2016, 03:47:21 pm »

I asked my old gran gran about this....

She said that this mysterious flare shooting figure might have been around before the war of old. Gran remembers her gran garn telling her about him/her/it.

She says that she have heard the whispers of frightened men in the taverns,that there is an old one living in Paritan, the ruins towering over humble Paritus.

These whispers tell stories of a man, one Flaregineer whom lurks in the shadows of Paritan, showing the way forward in the dark nights, saving many a lost ships before they crash in to the crumbling buildings and joining the debris below. Other whispers, these low and even more so hushed than the ones before. As to not to draw the ire of what lurks in the shadows. These tell of something luring stray ships, ships led astray by flares leading to their certain doom. Other whispers tell of their balloon myterioulsy catching fire when there is no other ships nearby.

I know only one thing Huskarr, the Flaregineer walks among us, in human skin

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 146
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2016, 04:31:21 pm »
This seems very roleplay-ish and should probably be in the cantina xD

Also, Huskarr is a false prophet and I am the Uber Flare Engineer mwahahahahaha.

Offline Huskarr

• Salutes: 29
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2016, 03:16:54 am »
*As everyone moves into the Cantina around the corner I over to buy a drink for everyone.
Sitting in the cantina and sipping my tea I say*

"OK guys, I came up with an idea. What if this mysterious figure isn't a single person, but a group of people. It makes sense. Because Crow has hears stpriest that portray the engineer as a good guy, while Skymonger thinks they are a villain. And how is it possible for the engineer to do so many things at the same time? The answer is as I said that it isn't a single person, but something like a cult sworn to the flare gun and engineering.
I saw something very interesting yesterday: Two engineers were standing in an ally together and whispering. Both of them had a flare as tatoo on one wrist and a spanner on the other wrist. The only thing I could hear of their conversation was "Flare well" as the two departed.
I think this is pretty strong evidence for the cult to exist. The stories of Sunskin's gran gran are also evidence for this. They also suggest that the cult is located in Partius.
So long story short I want to find the cult and join. Whour will help me?"

>This was intended as joke and to stroke my ego, but this is better so move it please.<

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2016, 07:07:15 pm »
Any idiot can hit a balloon with a flare gun. It takes talent to put a flare on a goldfish's manticore just as it finishes its reload. However the stream of profanity that comes from a gunner whose gets flame locked right before he was about to fire is totally worth it.