Author Topic: Stop it CD Baby  (Read 4544 times)

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
Stop it CD Baby
« on: May 07, 2016, 12:43:50 am »
So bots are currently targeting some of my guns videos and filing copyright crap.

If these vids were monetised I'd be more pissed. Its more the fact that some bot added Adverts on my videos when its suppose to be freely viewable for reference for real gameplay.

So far its just 2, one being the old defeat and victory music. But I kinda see some bullocks happening to other youtubers that might be recording this game to promote it. And that is gonna directly effect sales on the game.

Offline ramjamslam

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 63
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
Re: Stop it CD Baby
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2016, 01:11:55 am »
Muse has copyright on all of the GoIO music I believe and Muse usually encourage people to make gameplay videos of GoIO.  I'd send an email to feedback@musegames.com with the details of what these bots are doing.  Hopefully Muse would be able to help straighten it out.

Offline XenkailX

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2016, 02:08:08 pm »
I don't think CD Baby is at fault since they are claiming behalf of Gimmen Gong. We should complain this at him since if I believe correctly, he is the one making GoIO soundtrack.

Offline Ressorius

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 14
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2016, 02:09:34 am »
Hello there, I have contacted CDbaby awhile back about this issue. They are not supposed to send out copyright warnings.  I received an email stating their automation system has not worked and had been picking up waveforms in streamed games. They pulled what they call the sync licensing off from the waveforms of the music supposedly. If you have any problems or if they try to claim a copyright issue, dispute it and tell them you have permission to use the music as you see fit.  Sorry for the inconvenience. 

-Ress