Author Topic: Analog Controller Support?  (Read 4229 times)

Offline Bronzium

• Salutes: 11
    • [HMCS]
    • View Profile
Analog Controller Support?
« on: June 12, 2016, 09:10:23 pm »
I'm aware that some users (very few) have offered the suggestion of adding analog controller support (i.e., using racing wheels such as a Logitech Driving Force GT, or other simgear). Seeing as how I've recently come into owning such a device, I could see some practical use for mapping such controllers for steering an airship. The accelerator/brake pedals mapped to accelerating/decelerating the ship, the wheel for steering, and the shifting buttons to ascend/descend. I know the only issue would be the lack of looking around properly, though perhaps VR support would come in handy as a solution.

I know I'm talking about support for equipment that runs usually thousands of dollars to purchase and setup, but it would still be a nice option to have nonetheless. :)

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
Re: Analog Controller Support?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2016, 09:31:18 pm »
Cool idea.

I don't see it happening since it affects very few people and Muse has very limited resources.

Case closed.

Offline Solidusbucket

• Salutes: 93
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
Re: Analog Controller Support?
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2016, 10:25:11 pm »
I see what you want. I cannot disagree. It would certainly be a blast and a practical approach to use VR and a steering wheel with only minor issues on certain ships that could be navigated with practice. Keep in mind that right now, even with a steering wheel, a nudge to the left makes the ship go full left and likewise for right. I have tried to use a joystick with this game before thinking I would be able to make smaller, more accurate turns.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 10:28:13 pm by Solidusbucket »