Author Topic: What faction will you fight for?  (Read 180751 times)

Offline Nogitsune

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: What faction will you fight for?
« Reply #195 on: August 14, 2016, 06:08:41 pm »
I'm going for the Arashi League at the moment.
There's just something badass about a people who are fiercely individualistic to the point they not only accept living in a desert wasteland but make it their home, their realm of death even.  This sort of faction is endearing to me because it's very much a tale of a society that refuses to accept the easy answer.  They won't convert to the Yasha Empire and bow to their leaders and oppressors for the promise of food in return for their loyalty and individuality.  They won't sell their people to the Mercantile Guild for the chance of a fat gilded life.  They are a strong people, tempered by fire and the desert sun to make the best of what little they are given.  It's really a sort of life choice I can get behind, the kind where you find comfort and happiness even with the fewest of luxuries. 

My second option would be the Yesha Empire
While basically stripping away individuality for a sort of "Cog In The Machine" or as the lore says, "Place in Society", this sort of thinking has made quite the impressive empire with its own culture, large cities, pretty wealthy from what I can tell, and they don't struggle to have food and shelter provided.  It is a nice thought, coming home from a long day of war and being able to see the grand cities and hard working people you're fighting for, as opposed to the Arashi who are a divided people when not doing the League's work, and live in far less luxury.  Also helps that I like Eastern architecture with the fancy roofs and the whole "honor" system from Chinese and Japanese tradition. 

I may get some ideas and lore points wrong so forgive me and feel free to correct some things. 

Offline TuvLord

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: What faction will you fight for?
« Reply #196 on: August 19, 2016, 03:57:33 pm »
Personally, I will fly for the Empire.
Because it's an Empire I guess...
No, really, I love their Chinese-like design, and their global philosophy (as we know it), and work for a big state as they looks like seems to me pretty cool.