Author Topic: Guns on youtube  (Read 5689 times)

Offline Lanliss

• Salutes: 24
    • View Profile
Guns on youtube
« on: May 12, 2016, 03:48:41 pm »
So, we are all pretty aware of the guns presence on YouTube. Mostly youtubers who are novice, at best, at the game. What if there was a dedicated channel for guns? A channel with a different video for everything, kind of a tutorial 2.0 for those who want to go deeper than the main tutorial. A breakdown of each class, and their tools and job, a breakdown of each ship, and their meta, as well as off-the-wall but still functional loadouts, and a breakdown of each gun, with what ammo works on them, and what ammo doesn't. 

I am talking about a different video for each of these, for those who are new to the game. Wanna pilot on junker? Watch the pilot video, and the junker video. There you go, you are fully prepped, though the same cannot be said for your crew.

So, what are your thoughts on this?

Offline Solidusbucket

• Salutes: 93
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
Re: Guns on youtube
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2016, 03:52:48 pm »
i would be willing to make videos if someone else edits them.  thats my only thought.

Offline Lanliss

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2016, 04:06:39 pm »
I was thinking of bringing this up with muse through a feedback email. If one of them were to take the time to start the channel, making it at least semi-official, they could then hand it off to someone like the community ambassadors, who would be the ones who did the actual work. This way Muse does not have more on their plate. The CAs would then be able to go through submitted videos, picking whichever ones they find the most informative for new players, and then either edit them themselves or, if none of them have the time or skills for editing, send them to someone in the community who does. Then the video gets sent back to the CAs to get put up, all without actually taking muse away from Alliance.

Offline Schwalbe

• Salutes: 178
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2016, 05:05:13 pm »
This has been brought up multiple times. I was even setting such a project time loooong time ago. It died out.

Offline Lanliss

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2016, 05:20:53 pm »
I am not surprised it has been brought up before. We're all of my ideas already stated in the past, or were those generally purely unofficial works? Another perk to having this channel would be that muse could use it for their relevant videos, like updates and whatnot. Alas, it may be too big a project for so small a community. And the people on the D&D forums think Their hobby is niche.

Offline Schwalbe

• Salutes: 178
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2016, 06:03:10 pm »
It was more like people either lost interest or they hadn't have persistance required to finish. Myself included.