Author Topic: All Beginnings Have an End - [Short Story] - Pinkamena Diane Pie  (Read 5810 times)

Offline Pinkamena Diane Pie

• Salutes: 3
    • [SMAC]
    • View Profile
A few months ago, I had an idea for a story involving Guns of Icarus (Online). I've only found success in writing short stories. The original idea I had was too long and I decided to scrap it. I heavily revised it into this story: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-H1GXxRQgCJa_NDthp7Vul6fCW-QyPkNM5LiF4nabjQ/edit?usp=sharing

I just finished it tonight after talking with Spasmic Monkey about how I probably would be writing some after that match, but how it wouldn't be this particular story. It took me ~2.5 hours to write the ending (from the battle after the first ships' death).

I'm not sure how it actually is as I've previously been terrible in just about every English class, ever. I can't write essays to save my life, but some people have expressed interest in some of my short stories, so I figured that I might as well post this one for critique. I do plan on revising this story on my own, maybe expanding it a little. I do want more interactions between characters. Maybe some detail of what the engies are doing.

P.S.
If you like seeing behind the scenes stuff here is the copy with the failed starts and the pre-story notes (and the old title). I generally have more notes at the beginning, but these characters are kind of generic. I didn't give them as much personality as I would have liked to, but hey, it's more or less done now...
My writing style seems to produce a ton of cliched, terrible and cheesy starts (I have an entire doc somewhere about my writing style...). You can ususally find them at the end of the page as I push them away to be cut from the final revisions. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Hj6ngUsnfRPhevp9yT1NYC1ZsV_ISgE2QG0xs0oTi2A/edit?usp=sharing

-PDP

Offline Shinkurex

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 102
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
Re: All Beginnings Have an End - [Short Story] - Pinkamena Diane Pie
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 04:02:05 pm »
This is an awesome short story a Salute to you :)