Author Topic: Gun tutorials/practice modes  (Read 2790 times)

Offline Daft Loon

• Salutes: 47
    • [◕_◕]
    • View Profile
Gun tutorials/practice modes
« on: April 09, 2016, 12:14:22 am »
A script that spawns target dummies within the guns arcs at various ranges, makes some of them move side-to-side or up and down. The targets should self destruct once the gun has done its relevant damage if its not hull, if it is hull they should lose armor at random to allow hull destruction.

The tutorial aspect when that option is enabled should slow down target spawning for clarity and have text popups that explain the properties of the gun relevant to the current target ex arming time, arc etc.

Some of the guns would tend more towards a pure tutorial but I would spend a fair bit of time in even a half decent hades or lumberjack practice mode and probably even more in a 'practice' mode consisting of nothing but target dummies flying directly towards my mine-launcher.

To cut down on menu UI the tutorials could be grouped onto 3/4 ships and activated when mounting the gun. Ex - selecting the galleon weapon tutorial for the option of Flak, Lumberjack, Hwacha, H.Carronade + whatever 2 light guns. Mounting a gun would kill all the ship's momentum, destroy all active target dummies and then start the practice.