Author Topic: April D.C. area tournaments!  (Read 4712 times)

Offline MrSnnj

• Salutes: 1
    • View Profile
April D.C. area tournaments!
« on: March 31, 2016, 11:11:27 am »
HELLO! There will be bi weekly meet ups and a Tournament at the cave in the northern VA area.

!!WARNING!!  If the tournament does not have a large enough attendance by May, the tournaments will stop.

The dates are as follows

4/15/16 Friday at 6:00 PM. (Meet up)
4/29/16 Friday at 6:00 PM. (Tournament)

The rules are as follows note rules only apply on tournament day.

come out to The Cave's Guns of Icarus Monthly Tournament !

Fees:

- Venue Fee: $10
- Pot Fee: $10 per entrant

Rules:

Tournament Format
- Double-elimination bracket.
- Each match will be best of 1 until Grand Finals. The match in Grand Finals will be Best 2 out of 3.

Tournament Rules
Matches will be 1v1 deathmatches. To accomplish this, Each team will take opposing ships in a 2v2 deathmatch while tournament officials/helpers will take control of the 2nd ship on each team. These "2nd ships" will then idle in the corners of the map. Attacking these ships is forbidden, and destroying one will result in a forfeit. Your target is your opponent.

- Any class combination is allowed, as well as the use of any ship, loadout or tool. Streamed matches will be created by the tournament organizers.

- First map chosen by winner of coin flip, subsequent maps chosen by loser of previous round.

Map list:
Partis Rubble
Canyon Ambush
Duel at Dawn

Payouts
- 4 entrants or less - 70% / 30%
- 8 entrants or less - 50% / 25% / 15% / 10%
- 16 entrants or less - 48% / 24% / 12% / 8% / 4% / 4%
- Greater than 32 entrants - 46% / 22% / 12% / 8% / 4% / 4% / 2% / 2%

General Gameplay Rules
- Coaching mid-match is banned.
- Stalling is banned.

Schedule:

Venue Opens @ 6:00pm
Signup begins @ 6:30pm
Signup ends @ 7:00pm
Event begins @ 7:30pm

10621 Braddock Road, Suite B
Fairfax, VA 22032

Offline Byron Cavendish

• Salutes: 89
    • [TB]
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherhood
Re: April D.C. area tournaments!
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 05:06:36 am »
I would suggest removing monetary fees and payouts. I can't see it helping your cause.

I would also suggest dialing back the seriousness, and the treatment as a large scale tournament. We're lucky to see more than 4 teams in a regular SCS, and the largest events have 8+ teams in the past. You're hosting an exclusively local event, which decreases the chance of turnout even more. Organize it and treat it to the scale that is realistic to GOIO.

Offline MrSnnj

• Salutes: 1
    • View Profile
Re: April D.C. area tournaments!
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2016, 12:38:53 pm »
I would suggest removing monetary fees and payouts. I can't see it helping your cause.

I would also suggest dialing back the seriousness, and the treatment as a large scale tournament. We're lucky to see more than 4 teams in a regular SCS, and the largest events have 8+ teams in the past. You're hosting an exclusively local event, which decreases the chance of turnout even more. Organize it and treat it to the scale that is realistic to GOIO.

I have been dialing it back. some of the fees are required by the cave to use their computers. hopefully in the near future we will be moving some of the tournaments online.