Author Topic: Ghosts of Goio  (Read 9629 times)

Offline Red-Xiii

• Salutes: 32
    • [-§ɱ-]
    • View Profile
    • Steel Meridian
Ghosts of Goio
« on: April 06, 2016, 05:08:53 pm »
Can someone explain who the man in white coat and beard is?  Very creepy.  Our captain took the first picture.  The 2nd shows all the members remaining outfits.  Ghost squid mascot.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 05:11:15 pm by Red-Xiii »

Offline Schwalbe

• Salutes: 178
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
Re: Ghosts of Goio
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2016, 05:11:15 pm »
Apparently you are yet another one to encounter the infamous ghost captain glitch.

I had such occurence few months back, I believe it's somewhere in the screenshots thread.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 05:19:18 pm by Schwalbe »

Offline Solidusbucket

• Salutes: 93
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2016, 05:24:14 pm »
Working Haunting as intended.

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2016, 05:26:19 pm »
Yup I've had this and an ally has told me I've been on their helm before now, watch out for the ghost mallets too :)

Here's Two I found earlier.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 05:32:59 pm by Kamoba »

Offline Skymonger

• Salutes: 22
    • [◥ɸ◤]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2016, 04:19:37 pm »
Captain Morian Maleshenkov was a Mercantile guild barge runner tasked with hauling various contraband too and from the yesha empire through the arashi desert.

Aged at a modest 73 years and blockade running for a solid 40 years, he earned a solid reputation with yeshan authorities as "The white cloud over arashi" recognized by his white trench coat and even whiter 8 engined squid.
No one could understand how he kept his clothes clean, given how often he rode with sandstorms or how he could manage his squid by himself

The only thing yeshan authorities understood, was that he was a suicidally crazy pilot.
A yesha captain recalls At one point in time when he was persued by a squad of yeshan elite goldfish crews and intercepted by a trio of galleons brimming with hwatchas.
Rather than surrender, he charged straight at the galleons like a violent wind.

The galleons, caught off guard by this maneuver, unleashed a fury of explosive rockets at Morian, only for them to be swiftly dodged with terrifying precision  and impact Morians persuers.
Of course, it didn't end there. By some bizarre twist of fate, he also harpoons two of the galleons, drags them, and sandwiches the two of them on a mine that he dropped, all without stopping to watch the destruction shortly after.

Of course, no one knows what happened to Morian.
His ship, "The snow capped cutter" was found horrifically mangled and half buried by an Arashi sand patrol near the outskirts of vautour.
The arashi, in their own cryptic ways, did not release much information on the crash site, and violently chased off Yeshan investigators for "trespassing on sacred lands"
A later, more...private investigation describes Morians ship
"as if something swatted him rapidly towards the ground out of the sky, rammed him as he was on the ground, and...for lack of better words, proceeded to take a large 'bite' out of his ship on the port side" it's physically impossible for any human in this day and age to cause this magnitude of damage without leaving any burn marks or signs of a fight. The only thing left of Morian was a severed hand gripping a rubber mallet wedged in one of the destroyed engines."

Since then, many travelers between Yesha and the guild have reported seeing a white cloud in the raging sandstorms of arashi, others have sworn seeing a white bearded man on their ships in the dead of night or on their helms. Leading them in a direction 23 degrees west every time.
And others have reported their rubber mallets being fused to their hands for weeks at a time, before falling off and leaking blood from no injury.

...I recommend an exorcism Red.
Or a tribute, bring moonshine. Morian loved to put those in his engines.

Offline C r o w

• Salutes: 15
    • [Lock]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2016, 06:09:34 pm »
'Tis a commendable fluff for this ghosty glitch!

Offline Skymonger

• [◥ɸ◤]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2016, 03:32:35 am »

...wait a minute...A crow...?

Where have I seen a crow before..?
Do you visit a site called Gos.moe cainhurst?
I swear I've seen you on that sites forum...

Also "bite" from the report.
Does that not send some hints as to what might have killed Morian..?
Maybe...a skywhale?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 03:37:52 am by Skymonger »

Offline C r o w

• Salutes: 15
    • [Lock]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2016, 05:30:39 pm »

...wait a minute...A crow...?

Where have I seen a crow before..?
Do you visit a site called Gos.moe cainhurst?
I swear I've seen you on that sites forum...

Also "bite" from the report.
Does that not send some hints as to what might have killed Morian..?
Maybe...a skywhale?

Shhhhhh

We do not speak here of the skywhales, they are listening

Idiocy aside, I've never been on that site you said, maybe one of the many Crow Knights of Cainhurst went there

Offline Red-Xiii

• Salutes: 32
    • [-§ɱ-]
    • View Profile
    • Steel Meridian
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2016, 02:05:31 am »
Ghost haunts again.  Played this game a long time and never seen it.  Now I see this twice in a months time. 

Female in green this time

Offline Skymonger

• [◥ɸ◤]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2016, 05:46:34 pm »
Morian had a brief romance at a time.
Before he made his own ship and started running from the yeshans, he served aboard a questionable spire known as the "Needle of Wind" back when he was a 27 year old without a beard.

Her name was Ada Rickweiss
And she was a captain known for her wild drunken tendencies and equally ferocious fight and flight styles, considering how her ship was a spire no less.
She earned a notorious reputation with the baronies and the Merchant guild as she loved to ambush unsuspecting airships transporting alcohol from the guild.
She was also known for her green outfit once believed to be stolen from a chaladonian in a drinking game.
Morian served aboard her spire as an Engineer and was simply tasked with holding together the engines she kept torturing with a Moonshine/kerosene blend.
Needless to say, he eventually got sick of the abuse and complained about it loudly, eventually boiling down into a full blown brawl with Ada when one of the engines exploded in his face.

Since that time, the two of them engaged in fisticuffs over every pointless arguement, having developed a strange relationship after they both beat each other bloody.
It's been said that Ada got so wasted at one time that a routine fight with Morian ended up with her dragging him into the cargo hold and violating him in a moonshine rage.
Of course, Morian wouldn't talk about it, and neither would Ada, only a destroyed cargo hold that reeked of vomit and blood told the story.

In the end, all romance (or probably in this case, alcohol infused lust) ended For Ada in the most ironic way possible. She Became mentally unstable by alcohol withdrawal symptoms and in a fit of madness, attempted to raid a merchant fleet guarded by a pair of Baronite destroyers...head on.
Without the element of surprise, The needle of wind was promptly torn apart midway before igniting into a fireball and exploding within the merchant fleet, detonating their cargos of Liquor and munitions.

Morian on the other hand, had promptly resigned the day before and was searching for his own ship to fly.