Author Topic: The logistics of having dark souls character creator for guns  (Read 8048 times)

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
What is stopping muse from implementing a fully functional character creator with lotsa useless and la de da do dads to have players create original characters do not steals?

My guess is the current default system is a place holder until they get devote more time into polish (once all essential foundations are done for the finalised product). So I guess its an issue of time and resources?

That and cosmetic models might suffer from stretching and clipping that looks bad. Which takes just as much time as actually balancing the game but adds objectively nothing.

Because cosmetics dont trump gameplay.

Offline Dementio

• Salutes: 135
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
Re: The logistics of having dark souls character creator for guns
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2016, 12:40:50 pm »
I rarely see two people with even the same outfit, so I don't think a dark souls level of character creator is going to add much more visual effect to that.

Offline DJ Logicalia

• Salutes: 191
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2016, 02:34:53 pm »
I'd be ok with this, but there are a dozen other things I'd like to see happen first

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2016, 08:07:48 pm »
I rarely see two people with even the same outfit, so I don't think a dark souls level of character creator is going to add much more visual effect to that.
well you don't play during sales tho.

Offline Lieutenant Noir

• Salutes: 17
    • [❤™]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2016, 01:46:47 pm »
I will say that other than Muse allocating resources into other fields,

People would be prone to creating pretty horrific or inappropriate looking skins.

I mean if I had the talent, I know the first thing I would do would flood a gun model with rotating pictures Steve Buscemi.

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2016, 02:57:01 am »
What is stopping muse from implementing a fully functional character creator with lotsa useless and la de da do dads to have players create original characters do not steals?

Alliance. For at least a year we hear "we can't do X,Y,Z because all our artists work on Alliance". Also, this is not a 'crucial' thing and resources are scarce.