Author Topic: SCS gets 100 and a new name!  (Read 17208 times)

Offline Lueosi

• Salutes: 56
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
SCS gets 100 and a new name!
« on: April 01, 2016, 12:55:26 pm »
Hi guys, I'm very excited the SCS will run the 100th time in one month from now. We not only have a special surprise for this event (which I will reveal in a few days) but also there are some ongoing chances I want to inform everyone.

First of all though I want to thank every participant and all the organizers for their great work so far. Special thanks to Velvet, Skrimskraw, DJ Logicalia, Ayetach, Allien' , Extirminator and Urz who helped and are still helping organizing this great event we see teams competing at the highest level of play every single week. Since we introduced the participation title two months ago we had 132 different competitors with new participants every week. We have in average of 5 teams competing, that means 40 players fighting for honor and glory every single week. Who would have thought at May 11 2014, that this will be the most successful event in Guns of Icarus history ever.

Nevertheless things have changed in the organizational structure and as you could see, not only referees but also casters were mostly provided by the Storm Ryders. So to give the SCS a new touch and go into the next two years competitive GoI with a bang we decided to change name and logo of SCS #100 / RC #001 to:

Some further changes are, we are moving away from Skype to Discord for better structure and communication between organizers, casters and referees. Also I want to point out that the Ryder Cup server is open to everybody. If you don't have the capacity to help in organization but want to discuss about rules, direction of the event, etc. you are more than welcome to join us there.

Don't forget to signup for the the SCS #96.

Offline nanoduckling

• Salutes: 116
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
Re: SCS gets 100 and a new name!
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2016, 01:16:46 pm »
This is utterly outrageous. Surely a more appropriate name would be the All Players Registered International List?

Offline Red-Xiii

• Salutes: 32
    • [-§ɱ-]
    • View Profile
    • Steel Meridian
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2016, 01:18:50 pm »
Sunday Community Skirmish sounded more like a bringing the community together for great matches.  This sounds like we are just "All praise the Rydrs".   Seriously,  reconsider the name. 

Offline lolTSM

• Salutes: 4
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2016, 01:19:42 pm »
Sunday community skirmish sounded more like a bringing the community together for great matches.  This sounds like we are just "all praise the Rydrs".   Seriously think you should reconsider the name.
Yeah, on this, the holy first day of April of all days to announce such a drastic change!

Offline Red-Xiii

• Salutes: 32
    • [-§ɱ-]
    • View Profile
    • Steel Meridian
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2016, 01:22:23 pm »
I was totally had.  I rarely pay attention to the date.  smh

Offline Solidusbucket

• Salutes: 93
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2016, 01:28:57 pm »
I like this idea a lot. I think that it would help gather more participation if the rules are altered a bit.

A lot of people do not participate in SCS because it is time consuming. To help reduce the time, we should do a coin flip for the winner during the lobby of each match. The winners can stay in the lobby while the losers move onto the loser's bracket lobby. We can continue this until the Grand Finals. Then, do this method one more time for the Grand Finals since it is faster.

Another reason there is not max participation is because it is hard to gather 8 players. We can fix this issue by reducing the requirement for entry to two captains. Of course, this might still be a stringent requirement. So, lets do a test phase and if participation is still lacking, then we can make crew participation optional.

Finally, I feel like the maps used for SCS could use some stirring up. The focus has always been on DM, which is nice, however, these are very limited because of the fixed spawns. Likewise, everybody has different abilities at shooting, which also limits another aspect of the matches. Lets start running the matches in Practice Mode. That way, the spawns keep things interesting and gunners have arcs to help them shoot.

Offline IntelledSkill

• Salutes: 0
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2016, 01:31:59 pm »
Gotta agree with Duckie and Red.
The namechange just doesnt feel right cause than I gotta think like only Rydrs allowed, Rydrs best, Rydr champions etc
Imo a namechange would be nice, but not specific targeted clans/people in the name

Offline ZnC

• Salutes: 40
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2016, 01:32:30 pm »
This is a brilliant idea. Every week, teams stand a chance to win the RYDER CUP! Named after the top competitive team since the dawn of mankind - it'll be such an honor.

Offline Hunter.

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 23
    • [T.Pr]
    • View Profile
    • My Hummingbird (Anime Website)
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2016, 01:39:53 pm »
:^)

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2016, 01:45:41 pm »
Oh come on, the Ryder Cup is intended to be a seperate tournament, not an SCS replacement.

Team of Ryder's and every non-ryder team who signs up gets to queue for Ryder stomping privilage!
Winners get a title "Honorary Ryder"

;)

Offline Sir Steffen

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 12
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2016, 04:05:26 pm »
sounds like a april's fools day joke to me. if not that is just rong

Offline Dementio

• Salutes: 135
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2016, 05:41:09 pm »
Daniel signing up.

1v8 me, bois

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2016, 06:03:47 pm »
Is that like a bra size? Small, uncomfortable, and unflattering?

Offline HelFyre

• Salutes: 7
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2016, 06:32:01 pm »
Why is it called Ryder cup if there's no cup?!

Offline Solidusbucket

• Salutes: 93
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2016, 06:37:06 pm »
The original idea was to put all the participating names into a cup. Then Lueosi would close his eyes and pick a name. That name would be the winner of the week. I think there were issues locating a cup for this to go through though.