Author Topic: Ai matchmaker value  (Read 5902 times)

Offline Daft Loon

• Salutes: 47
    • [◕_◕]
    • View Profile
Ai matchmaker value
« on: March 29, 2016, 05:56:54 am »
Did they give the AI a more accurate matchmaker rating? Because I've been seeing situations where players leaving a team stop it being underdog and where matchmaker places low level players against the underdog team rather a lot lately.

Offline Jamini

• Salutes: 2
    • [NEV]
    • View Profile
Re: Ai matchmaker value
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2016, 04:52:01 pm »
Saw this happen last night with a lower level lobby.

Offline Ightrril

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 28
    • [C¤P]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2016, 08:33:50 pm »
I'm not sure if the AI matchmaking rank is "accurate" but it does have a value, and that value is often higher than what newer players have.

Offline nanoduckling

• Salutes: 116
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2016, 08:30:34 am »
I hope they did fix this, because if a team ended up with a lot of AI it could really screw with lobby balance. Of course the problem is that AI performance is partially a function of who is in the pilot slot.

Offline Daft Loon

• Salutes: 47
    • [◕_◕]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2016, 04:15:40 pm »
If its treated as a player the AI would get to a stable and somewhat accurate matchmaker value rather quickly since it 'plays' more games of a wider variety than any real player by far. I would have no idea how to even start accounting for effects of the pilot on the crew (AI or otherwise) separately from the value of the pilot as a pilot.

However it's working now its better than the old system of counting the AI as worth nothing, I just hope they don't see the AI outside the bottom 25% mmr and decide to nerf it.