Author Topic: "The Cogs" Week 8 - Discussion  (Read 31324 times)

Offline FightBoyVash

• Salutes: 20
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
    • Redstone Rampaga
Re: "The Cogs" Week 8 - Discussion
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2013, 09:04:45 pm »
Where's the Week 8 recording!?!?! D:

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2013, 09:12:03 pm »
I missed all of the matches except my own. How did they go?

Offline Papa Paradox

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 31
    • [CA]
    • View Profile
    • Wind and Thunder Gaming
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2013, 10:52:40 pm »
http://www.twitch.tv/qwerty2jam/b/402287974 Hasn't been partitioned yet, my video will come out this week.

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2013, 10:55:30 pm »
How did all the games (other than mine) end up? Who won?

I can't check the recordings right now because of the smartphone industry's infuriating ditching of Flash.

Offline Papa Paradox

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 31
    • [CA]
    • View Profile
    • Wind and Thunder Gaming
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2013, 11:03:35 pm »
**SPOILERS**

W-L
BROOD-BFS: 5-4 Really close
BFS-D-TOID: 5-3 D-Toid didn't do too bad, for a rag tag band of misfits, squid had a lot to do with their getting of so many kills. :P
BROOD-D-TOID: 5-0 D-toid got rolled.

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2013, 11:15:10 pm »
Wow, congrats to the Brood. Looks like they've benefitted a lot from getting a more stable second crew from what was the Dover.

I love that BFS runs a Squid, but it's only really worked against Muse so far. 5-3 against DToid? Not so good :/

Offline FightBoyVash

• Salutes: 20
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
    • Redstone Rampaga
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2013, 11:18:18 pm »
http://www.twitch.tv/qwerty2jam/b/402287974 Hasn't been partitioned yet, my video will come out this week.

Thanks Papa!

Offline Morblitz

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 35
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2013, 11:36:10 pm »
Destructoid made a really good effort today. I hope they stick around.

Also, congratulations to all winners. It was well fought, and well deserved. To the others, you made a fucking good show, there really wasn't much that separated the teams today. From what I saw, almost all the matches could have gone either way - they were all so close, exciting and intense. Everyone left everything in 'the field' so to speak. Should all be proud.

See you next week!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 11:40:49 pm by Morblitz »

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2013, 01:15:46 am »
I love that BFS runs a Squid, but it's only really worked against Muse so far. 5-3 against DToid? Not so good :/

Muse it had good firing angle but it was a mess due to the patch, you didn't see it's full potential. Polaris it was plagued by lag so bad it could hardly move or react. This week it wasn't lag so much as it was slo-mo mode. Destructoid commented on the problem too and after the match it had clearly been a deciding factor in the outcome of the match for both sides. We were both afflicted with it. If you watch the match you can see the Squid is moving at like a quarter or a half it's speed. That forced us to fight defensively when we would normally dominate on Canyon. I didn't take Squid out because I expected an easy win, or that I underestimated their threat. I took Squid out because it was Canyon Ambush and I intended to show no quarter. They'd be coming at us all out, so I wouldn't gimp myself by going a slower ship just because they were the new team.

I gotta give props to Destructoid for holding in there so well because with that much slowdown that we were all getting I can imagine how painful it was to turn that Pyra. I've been there and seen it on 4v4, it is not pretty. Heck if I didn't know better I'd have sworn we were in a 4v4 Canyon or something with a couple Galleons.

The Squid will be back...the problems with it have all been on Muse's end. Fly with me when its not a mess like this and you'll swear its a totally different ship. I have been able to get around the hell Muse did to Hydro but its still about 90% as effective as it used to be. Heck I've had Pyras with kerosene keeping pace with me with kerosene...going backwards...that is how bad Muse screwed things up! Fastest ship my butt! Before it took them kerosene just to catch me at normal speed in a similar engagement. I know cause I used to duel Pyras often. 1.2 is probably the worst patch I've seen since I got the game. I'm still pissed about Hydro and I still want a proper explanation for the balloon hp nerf. Muse says it isn't but the numbers don't add up. Eventually it will sort out and Muse will realize the massive error of their ways...till then...sigh.

I decided against it for Duel this time because it was the first match and I was not confident Muse had fixed all the issues. Specially not with such a heavy crowd. We ran some practice together before whereas last time we hadn't. The server situation was a deciding factor and it sucks that we're at the mercy of it. Might as well have just played on the test server. I was originally going to go in with a Pyra before the servers went down. Galleon was a last second change based on the server problems. Figured if something would go wrong, the chances of recovering with a giant turret would be better than a Pyra.

Btw...Shinryaku! means "invade". It is part of squid girl but the word itself means invade. The Japan players have liked it a lot so the name stuck. Although I switch it now with Black Maria just because that one goes with the name of the group.

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2013, 08:10:48 am »
Fly with me when its not a mess like this and you'll swear its a totally different ship.

As a side note, I really want to crew on your Squid in a pub match at some point. Squid engineering is the best, especially when your pilot is amazing at flying it.

Offline Sammy B. T.

• Salutes: 154
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2013, 12:13:02 pm »
I was having no  server issues in the game against bfs. Not sure what you are talking about gilder. Server ran fine.

Offline Brick Hardcastle

• Salutes: 12
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2013, 01:33:58 pm »
He wasn't talking about our game against you guys as regards the slo-mo issue. He was talking about our game with Destructoid. That game was running in slo-mo for all of us.

I think what Gilder's saying is that he chose the safest ship for our match with The Brood because it would be least effected in the event of lag or slo-mo, which was a distinct possibility given the lobby lag and the general instability of the server that night. I think the actual match ran ok for everyone though.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 01:43:56 pm by Brick Hardcastle »

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2013, 04:05:48 pm »
Watching a replay of my match, I think you might want to do more research about some of the teams, Swallow :P The Raft is known for being aggressive, conversely to what you said, and we definitely are not associated with the 3-engineer setup. We ran a gunner on both ships in every Cogs match prior to yesterday. You were probably thinking more of The Paddling.

Of course, you're probably thinking "they're all Ducks, it's the same thing" :P