Author Topic: Role Play Friendly Port To Replace Parts Of The Menu  (Read 6733 times)

Offline Lady Veronica

• Salutes: 9
    • [MMBF]
    • View Profile
Role Play Friendly Port To Replace Parts Of The Menu
« on: March 24, 2016, 06:59:42 pm »
I know that there are many more important things to work on and I agree that this shouldn't be made top priority, but I really think everyone can benefit from this. If any of you have played Sid Meir's Pirates than you have an idea of what I'm proposing (without the menus). I think that to appeal more to lore enthusiastic people like myself a small map should be made where you can talk, use the store (one shop for the player and whatever the airship equivalent of a dry dock is for the ship), edit your character (that is a room in the background after all), deal with clans in a sort of Tavern, start the game, etc. I'm not proposing Stormwind's docks from World Of Warcraft here, I'm talking a small, two or three pier area just outside of some major town or city. This would definitely be good step in the direction of player retention as that is an apparent issue with the game. Many people I know (myself included) have just rediscovered the game in their library after a year of stagnation and decided to try it out again. Giving people a place to feel like they are actually in this world Muse created rather than just playing a one-of-a-kind team based game will definitely appeal to a larger player base rather than just the try-hards. Again, this is just a suggestion for a project in the future. Thank you for reading.

Offline Kingsania

• Salutes: 2
    • [ALTO]
    • View Profile
Re: Role Play Friendly Port To Replace Parts Of The Menu
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2016, 09:33:02 pm »
Many people I know (myself included) have just rediscovered the game in their library after a year of stagnation and decided to try it out again.

I know that feeling. I started playing again a few months ago and stayed because I was specifically looking for a clan to join. I'd be happy if there was more incentive to talk to other people besides those in lobbies. Maybe a 'tavern' lobby purely for chatting.

Offline Omniraptor

• Salutes: 51
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2016, 09:47:33 pm »
Simply reworking the menu into a 2d city map with clickable buttons for ship, costume loadout, find a match button, etc. would be cool. This could be integrated with alliance to provide a different map for each faction.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 09:53:22 pm by Omniraptor »

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2016, 11:28:07 pm »

Offline Lady Veronica

• Salutes: 9
    • [MMBF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2016, 03:29:47 am »
Or a larger ship.

That sounds like a solid plan.

Simply reworking the menu into a 2d city map with clickable buttons

If I understand what you are saying correctly, that would be a cool idea. It wouldn't work for role playing, but it would be a welcome addition.

Many people I know (myself included) have just rediscovered the game in their library after a year of stagnation and decided to try it out again.

Maybe a 'tavern' lobby purely for chatting.

Yes, though if there is not some sort of a 3D or 2D element then it would be kind of meaningless to call it a Tavern. It would pretty much just be an IRC with voice. Still, some form of organized chat would be quite lovely for team bonding and strategy sharing in some cases.

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2016, 11:48:26 am »
This is something I suggested a long time ago, and if I remember rightly, something Howard or Matthew (devs) said they will look at doing after Alliance is finished. Nothing too in-depth like a town or city, but maybe a tavern or other social gathering spot. :)