Author Topic: Broken gun reload animation  (Read 4214 times)

Offline Eldarion Telcontar

• Salutes: 7
    • [FIRE]
    • View Profile
Broken gun reload animation
« on: March 19, 2016, 08:58:20 pm »
Something I've noticed, especially on heavy guns like the Hwacha, is that when the gun is destroyed in the middle of a reload cycle the reload animation and sounds effects continue, even thought the gun is not actually reloading.  This messes up a quick visual check of the gun cycle status by an engineer or pilot, as it looks like a gun is ready to fire but after fixing it and getting into it (or placing that gun in arc) the gun in fact is continuing its reload cycle.

I would imagine it would be trivial to stop the animation and sounds when the gun is broken.  Can this be implemented?  It's not something gameplay breaking, just a small annoyance / oddity.

Thanks!  :)

Offline ZnC

• Salutes: 40
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
Re: Broken gun reload animation
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2016, 04:41:41 am »
If it's a small annoyance, it is a small VERY annoyance.

I always thought they never fixed it because it's hard to implement or something, gotta freeze the gun animation when it breaks etc. But it would really helpful if they could sync the animation with its reload progress.

Offline Daft Loon

• Salutes: 47
    • [◕_◕]
    • View Profile
Re: Broken gun reload animation
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2016, 01:29:01 pm »
I'm fairly sure the animation slows as the gun takes damage, it just starts again when the gun is fully broken for some reason.