Author Topic: Who do you look for to have a good time?  (Read 8913 times)

Offline Skymonger

• Salutes: 22
    • [◥ɸ◤]
    • View Profile
Who do you look for to have a good time?
« on: March 08, 2016, 11:22:35 am »
...that could be taken out of context...but whatever, a person with a dirty mind is usually more fun.
USUALLY.

In anycase, today's topic is based on two questions.

- Who do you look for to establish a fun and reliable crew?
Do you go to your own clan mates, your personal friends? Or are you a gambler and run The random pub matches?
Be specific now.

- Who would you declare as an enemy to be the most challenging? Henceforth, the most fun?
Is there that ONE guy that pisses you the hell off, yet somehow you can't kill?
Is it a specific clan, like the Ryder's? Or the Skyborne?
Or like any boring person, you hate everyone in public matches?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 11:32:19 am by Skymonger »

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
Re: Who do you look for to have a good time?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2016, 11:26:49 am »
Well this threat could go in multiple directions!  :o

I look for reasonably balanced lobbies that provide a fair fight, and most certainly see Lueosi and Dementio as my "unbeaten enemies" (though think they're both awesome guys!)

Though on occasion I will look for silly lobbies such as mine only matches, harpoon Mobulas and other silliness.

Offline Jamini

• Salutes: 2
    • [NEV]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2016, 01:18:46 pm »
-Fun, Reliable crew.
1. Do they talk/listen?
2. Do they spam annoying Memes?

If 1 is yes, and 2 is no, then I have a crew I can happily work with. In a pinch, I will drag friends in because we always have a good time. I also adore running with [FIRE] and [CAKE].

If I am flying, my crew must be prepared for hyper-aggressive play. If the ship isn't breaking, on fire, and sitting on top of an enemy, we are doing SOMETHING wrong.

-Enemies
No particular enemies, though I will always try and murder the hell out of pyras and spires first. For practical reasons. (Hwachafish are a distant third)

Also, anyone who uses the term "Dank Meme" goes to the very top of my "must kill" list.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 01:23:30 pm by Jamini »

Offline Letus

• Salutes: 34
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2016, 02:54:27 pm »
Usually, I look for my friends...so if they're in my friendlist in the game, I'll go meander towards them..it's a comfort thing.  I can usually pilot / crew a ship of people I don't know, but if they don't talk...then I generally don't enjoy it...

I'm more of a casual player, so I guess pubs..doesn't mean I can't be competitive, but I really dislike that scenario...worst time I ever had were the two ONLY matches of COGs I was in (the first one was okay...was me in a Lumberjack, the second one suck as hell for reasons: 1.) It happened RIGHT AFTER the first match so there was no break.  2.)  Map was then Canyon Ambush, we were Meta pyramidions against Meta Junkers at the time (merc fronts, gat mortar sides,) so those Junkers just camped their spawn..we still won but it was just a boring grind that lasted 90 minutes.  3.)  I was on a TIGHT Schedual, was my only Saturday Off for a while, and I was planning to go to a Convention, too, but then that second game happened and I could either leave and have my team be disqualified for not having enough players, or miss the date I had with my friends...)

That and "Competitive" to me translates to "Everyone is using the same damn ship with the same damn design using the same damn tactics.."  really kills the flair...so I tend to stay away from Vet Matches because of that

Which is a shame 'cause all my friends are Vets, but sorry y'all...your matches all are linear...oh and you get more angry when playing other vets...

Allies would be anyone in my friendslist I guess, I prefer some more than others.  Example:  Spud  Nick is my go to Lumberjack Pilot.

Enemies:
I will shoot at any one who does obscene smack talking...even if they're on my team.
I'm not afraid to mine my allies and I feel no shame if they aren't showing sportsmanship in the lobby...yes I understand you may not agree or want to do my suggestions, just don't cuss me out...or the other team out...

I don't look at levels...levels mean nothing (I recently was in a Galleon against a mostly level 30-45 crew Blenderfish and I was a buffkit engie, the pilot had tar, our main engie manned the mines while I tried to keep stuff alive, and our poor gunner had to learn the cruel ways of gun jumping.)  We still lost, but due to certain events, (I will say the time of the battle was long....like outrageously long for a Blender v Galleon) the pilot, which was level 45...wound up leaving..and that fish was rather bitter.

Then they got mad at us because of that...the problem was, they had a hwatcha galleon, and the Blender Fish was focused on us...so the match was a 1v1 on all the ships most of the time...

We couldn't do much against the fish...The pilot tarred so they couldn't stay behind, we had mines to shoot, and I was buffing that balloon everytime we got it up...which...to my surprised...worked rather well...like...better than I expected actually...

The blender fish then started cussing us out after the game in voicechat...all high levels...(though their stats say they started playing mid-late 2015...)

I know that was a roundabout way of saying it, but...levels to me mean nothing, behaviors mean all.  Bad Behavior = You're either getting mined or Squidded...

Offline High King Thorgrim

• Salutes: 1
    • [CsM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2016, 01:38:17 pm »
Friends: Fellow Dwarfs, Oathkeepers, Grudgesettlers.

Enemies: Oathbreakers, Greenskins, Rat kin, Elves, Mutants, Chaos worshippers, Kin slayers, Dragons and the list goes on...

but tbh anyone that is friendly and have a mic is good to fly with

The only players i do not enjoy flying with are highly abusive/mean players.

Offline Byron Cavendish

• Salutes: 89
    • [TB]
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherhood
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2016, 04:13:09 pm »
Killing in the Emperor's name. Fear the alien, kill the heretic.

Offline Schwalbe

• Salutes: 178
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2016, 04:55:08 pm »
People who doesn't make me so angry I'm hitting myself with my own fist, only to have myself wondering whether I broke my nose, or it's just a casual nosebleed.

I hate those fuckers

Offline C r o w

• Salutes: 15
    • [Lock]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2016, 06:08:50 pm »
People who manage to be extremely well mannered even in the worst situation, peeps that have good humor and sound tactical abilities.
People who fly with me in formation, in a 4v4 with my team full galleon.

Commissars and Inquisitors that respect my purging methods and help me in my wars against Chaos.

Also, drunken gunners. Somehow they are the best I cna manage to find.

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2016, 08:38:20 pm »
Is it a specific clan, like the Ryder's?

I just want to point out that this is the first example of an potentially unlikable clan ;]

wp m8