Author Topic: Cogs reflections...  (Read 15450 times)

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: Cogs reflections...
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2013, 11:08:12 pm »
Lag doesn't make you meatgrind. To be completely honest, you could have won the match if you hadn't repeatedly gone in for suicide charges.

But whatever. No need for ifs and buts. The future is what matters, and I wish you guys luck. Gilder's Squid flying is freaking art, simply on another level. You have an amazing team, and it's really too bad that things didn't go right yesterday.

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2013, 11:17:22 pm »
You guys will bounce back, I'm sure of it. 

I think dealing with the pressure of the Cogs and the unpredictability of it all, is by far one of the most challenging parts of the competition.  When you get put in a similar situation in the future and overcome it (and you will), it will become one of the most gratifying moments in your GOI experience.

I personally think this is the real advantage the veteran teams have over the newer ones, not the level of skill player by player, but the experience of being in the shits together and figuring a way out of it.

Looking forward to you seeing you guys bring it in the tournament.

Offline Brick Hardcastle

• Salutes: 12
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2013, 12:38:49 am »
I started to panic. I can't excuse that. On such a cloudy and claustrophobic map when things are getting frantic it can be difficult to tell when you're meatgrinding and when you're about to make a crucial save. I can really respect the teams who have developed that good communication and situational awareness to avoid those kind of situations. Obviously it's something we have to work on when we're competing at such a high level.

I'm looking forward to getting that battle-hardened sense of calm-under-pressure you're talking about, Smollett. I think that's something that separates GoI from most games. Being able to stick together through thick and thin and developing that intangible chemistry with others is one of the things that makes GoI so compelling for me. It's why I've spent hundreds of hours playing it!

We did make mistakes that we should learn from, lag or no lag. I appreciate your words, Smollett and Sunderland, and I hope we can be one of those teams that can suffer defeats but come out better for it.

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2013, 06:05:48 am »
Could barely even tell where I was at times it was just jerking all over. Meat grind was not intentional.

Trouble was, I checked it a little in a 3v3 before we started to see how bad it was. Must have been different region cause it seemed playable. I had the option of taking Pyra and took the chance with Squid simply cause I've taken both of the other ships down before outside of the match using it. First kill went as I predicted it would, then it just went to hell with rubberbanding every few secs. Had no way to support Brick no matter how much I tried. Barely able to get the ship around to where I needed it to be and by that time, dead. Brick having issues. All they really had to do was keep focusing him down cause there was no way in heck I could assist with it jerking all over as much as it was.

Oh well, we just get to fly more. No biggie. Hopefully Muse does something with the servers.