Author Topic: ...What IS Alliance DLC?  (Read 6555 times)

Offline Skymonger

• Salutes: 22
    • [◥ɸ◤]
    • View Profile
...What IS Alliance DLC?
« on: March 13, 2016, 04:51:52 pm »
I'm a bit confused on the whole alliance DLC and I was hoping someone around here could give me some information on it.

Now I have not bought the DLC, and it's bothering me because those guns and ships are TO DIE FOR.
Metaphorically speaking anyway.

So some questions on it.
1. Why is the DLC not on Steam where main game is, and is instead on the humble store?
- my parents are stingy on online game purchases and resort to buying steam cards from a real store and use those codes. Why? The old PS3 store hack left them scared shitless. So buying with a credit card is...well...not possible yet.

2. What SPECIFICALLY IS Alliance?
The humble store tells a little, it's a coop pvE with a dynamic map, with new ships, guns, and new enemies that die in droves.
However, the main website doesn't have any info on the DLC and the humble description is a bit vague.
What game modes are there?
There are new toys to play with, but are they being added to skirmish? I know The guns aren't, but will the ships be added if we buy the DLC?

3.Does the DLC add or do anything to skirmish mode?
I'm assuming it doesn't because it's adding a whole separate game to play with, but would it change graphics or different mechanics? Everything feels brighter in the DLC, I'm wondering if it will be applied here.

4. Should I buy it?
Metaphorical question obviously, I'll buy it eventually...someday...maybe I'll steal my parents wallet or something...
But for those of you that HAVE bought the DLC, has it been treating you well?

Offline Daft Loon

• Salutes: 47
    • [◕_◕]
    • View Profile
Re: ...What IS Alliance DLC?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2016, 05:22:42 pm »
1. They have said they are working on making it available on steam, i think they are having to figure out with steam how that will work.

2. What currently exists is:
- The ships and guns that have been shown off rather well
- 3 gamemodes with i think 5 maps between them so far
   - Assault - Destroy a series of buildings in enemy territory, assorted enemy ships appear and try to stop you
   - Defense - Defend your building or lose, to win you have to go out into each of the lanes attackers appear from and destroy 1 building in each and bring back to yours the cargo that then spawns from each
   - Retrieve - Chase down an enemy ship carrying a cargo balloon, along the path you chase them there are buildings which they start to destroy when they get to them, to win kill the enemy with the cargo and take it yourself to a surviving building (basically overtaking the enemy in the process).

There are definitely more maps in the workings, not sure about more gamemodes.

I'm not sure how the map component will work beyond that it will be used to win favor with the factions and unlock their ships/weapons (currently they are just unlocked by default).

3. Currently its not crossing any changes into skirmish mode, the inclusion of anything in future is essentially based on what can work, what they care to find the time to do and what will be somewhat balanced.

4. Its very much still in production and has no continual population yet. I've still had some fun flying a single ship with AI crew though but it is limiting.
Haven't had any real bad experiences with bugs yet. Anyone who particularly enjoys mucking around looking at the new stuff and flying a ship solo can get something out of it already.

Offline Skymonger

• Salutes: 22
    • [◥ɸ◤]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2016, 11:17:55 am »
So it's not a finished product yet?

Huh. I was under the impression it was a "this is done, and this is all you get by buying this and you should probably get this so you don't look like a behind the times scrub lord"
Or something of that sense.

Maybe I shouldn't rush this and let them build it before buying it.

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2016, 08:41:23 am »
So it's not a finished product yet?

Huh. I was under the impression it was a "this is done, and this is all you get by buying this and you should probably get this so you don't look like a behind the times scrub lord"
Or something of that sense.

Maybe I shouldn't rush this and let them build it before buying it.

Well if you purchase you can get involved in the beta tests on the dev app, so you get something for your money, if you're not interested in testing, then hold onto your money till you're ready. :)