Author Topic: Captain looking for clan/crew  (Read 20988 times)

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: Captain looking for clan/crew
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2013, 10:24:52 pm »
Oh my goodness, he does exist!  Welcome back.

Offline The-Imperator

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 7
    • [AoP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2013, 10:26:56 pm »
Alright I'd be happy to take any instruction you guys can offer. Right now I'm running a Spyglass, a Tar Barrel, and a Drogue Chute, but I'm thinking of dropping Tar Barrel for Chute Vent but I can't decide. I'm flying a 4-hwacha Galleon if that helps.

Lol, times have changed so much. Tar Barrel and Drogue Chute are extremely useful, and it's not uncommon to see quadruple-hwacha Galleons in competitive matches. Oh yeah, and the heavy flak is almost worthless now.

Flak is still quite useful. Give them lesmok and they're -almost- the sniper they used to be. I run dual flak howitzer Galleon quite a bit (because I don't trust pubs on a lumberjack) and have no issue with it

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2013, 10:29:53 pm »
Alright I'd be happy to take any instruction you guys can offer. Right now I'm running a Spyglass, a Tar Barrel, and a Drogue Chute, but I'm thinking of dropping Tar Barrel for Chute Vent but I can't decide. I'm flying a 4-hwacha Galleon if that helps.

Lol, times have changed so much. Tar Barrel and Drogue Chute are extremely useful, and it's not uncommon to see quadruple-hwacha Galleons in competitive matches. Oh yeah, and the heavy flak is almost worthless now.

Flak is still quite useful. Give them lesmok and they're -almost- the sniper they used to be. I run dual flak howitzer Galleon quite a bit (because I don't trust pubs on a lumberjack) and have no issue with it

Ok, I didn't really mean worthless, but it's half the gun it used to be. Back when it was easier to shoot at long range, had no arming time, and explosive actually hurt armour badly... That was an unstoppable gun.

Offline Dr.Spaceman

• Salutes: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2013, 10:30:50 pm »

But Hwacha can't be meta. It's a hwacha.

Right?

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2013, 10:33:39 pm »

But Hwacha can't be meta. It's a hwacha.

Right?

It's an absolutely devastating gun right now. It was even OP for a couple of days.

I'll just let that sink in for you.

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2013, 10:46:01 pm »
Check out some Cogs videos on http://www.twitch.tv/qwerty2jam/videos?kind=past_broadcasts.  You'll see all sorts of things being used competitively winning matches that would just about shock you now, Hwachas being the least of them.  Should be a good way to catch up on the meta.

Offline Qwerty Kun

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 23
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2013, 08:56:32 pm »
Been a long time Spaceman my old nemesis. Welcome back. I might just follow you and get back to competitive play, see if I can shoot you down for old times sake :D

Offline MasX

• Salutes: 26
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2013, 12:54:21 pm »
Drspaceman     I told them you where real  welcome back

Offline Keon

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 105
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2013, 11:44:52 pm »
Spaceman is like the bogeyman. You use him to scare the younglings into obediance

Offline Coldcurse

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 164
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2013, 03:01:07 am »
well the meta is now junker with full artemisses (still needs to be tweaked out)

Offline Sgt. Spoon

• Salutes: 112
    • [Keno]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2013, 04:18:54 am »
Moonwalker quit because they made Astronaut a CA instead of him. Which is kinda funny since Astronaut had already quit for like 3 months when he was awarded CA while Moonwalker was the most active of all of us.

I just realised I forgot to answer this but nevertheless, I just wanted to chime in on one little detail. Moonwalker was also made a CA a while after...

Offline Captain Roy

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 794
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
    • The Gentlemen's Website
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2013, 07:13:25 am »
It's been a long time Dr.spaceman I'm very glad to see you back!