Author Topic: Cronus League Finals!  (Read 25190 times)

Offline Thomas

• Salutes: 80
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
Cronus League Finals!
« on: March 08, 2016, 12:41:19 am »
It's finally here!

First of all, a big thanks to all the teams and event staff for making this event possible, it's been a long road and a lot of fun, despite all the bumps we've had to overcome. But the end is finally in sight. We have our top four teams! And a special shoutout to Kajiggrs who came so very close to being in that top 4 as well.

In the finals, we will play a double round robin (6 matches). Each team will pair up with every other team in the top 4 twice. The first map will be chosen by the team with the lowest score going into the finals (Hastatii). Following this, the losing team for each match with the least points will choose the next map. This will continue until we complete our six matches.

When a pair wins, both teams are awarded a point. In the event of a tie by the end of the tournament, the team with the highest score coming into the finals will be the winner. The team pair ups are posted on the spreadsheet along with team final standings.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Wbh1ATjh3L_ddCPECpgHHoajWfmxjHj3JDoPiMSUXnU/

Again, any issues with last week, mistakes in calculating scores, random comments; please let me know as soon as possible.

Good luck to the final four!

Offline Sundstrom

• Salutes: 91
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
Re: Cronus League Finals!
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2016, 12:48:20 am »
Skyborne's last match for week 9 has been counted as a loss, but we actually won that one. We're still in the finals but since it will play a part incase of a tie that should probably be corrected! Also, Hastatii and Skyborne aren't paired up in any of the matches, we're supposed to play with all the teams, right?

Offline MightyKeb

• Salutes: 78
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2016, 06:49:06 am »
Since this is a round robin, will kills add up to the points instead of the wins?

Is there going to be a voice channel that all teams can gather and communicate through, or are we entirely responsible for it?

Offline Ightrril

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 28
    • [C¤P]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2016, 07:11:23 am »
I don't think it changes much, but Pastry Timepiece lost too many points for our first match (1307 down to 1055, it looks like DI Ryder Legion's score was used instead of ours).

Offline Thomas

• [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2016, 08:55:28 am »
Points are fixed! (Probably?)

Currently the plan is to only count wins. We do not want to count individual kills, since it should be a team effort. However, we did have the idea of counting combined kills. So that if team A and B get 3 kills, they both get 3 points. This didn't make it into the rules, but I would be happy to apply it if the teams are willing. Actually I'll probably put it in unless there is a lot of negative feedback about it.

Offline MightyKeb

• [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2016, 11:18:39 am »
Points are fixed! (Probably?)

Currently the plan is to only count wins. We do not want to count individual kills, since it should be a team effort. However, we did have the idea of counting combined kills. So that if team A and B get 3 kills, they both get 3 points. This didn't make it into the rules, but I would be happy to apply it if the teams are willing. Actually I'll probably put it in unless there is a lot of negative feedback about it.

I'd personally prefer to see how a non-kill based round robin works out, especially because kills rules leverage some advantages for certain playstyles more than others.

Also, Team Predators are not paired with Ouroboros Ryders in any of the matches and are paired with Hastatii 4 times.

Offline HelFyre

• Salutes: 7
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2016, 11:47:52 am »

I'd personally prefer to see how a non-kill based round robin works out, especially because kills rules leverage some advantages for certain playstyles more than others.

Agreed, I think it would be less fun to watch if play styles were altered to focus on kills rather than winning, and it's more likely that the end result will be closer this way.

Offline -Muse- Grimick

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 25
    • [Grim]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2016, 02:01:26 pm »
Almost made it (well... 200 points is a bunch haha). But it was a pretty sweet comeback from last place to fifth :D Big thanks to all the awesome teams who helped us on our 8 win streak- especially Predators and Alpha Mike. We'll be sure to get into the top four next time!

Good luck in the finals!

Offline Solidusbucket

• Salutes: 93
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2016, 03:16:08 pm »
That 5-0 flawless and mine kill tho. Daaaaaamn.

Offline Areus

• Salutes: 7
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2016, 03:22:48 pm »
I'd really, really like to have it just be done on wins. The kill thing fits a Ryder style of play well, of course, but I find it tactically constricting and I think it simplifies the game more than it should be.

Offline KitKatKitty

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 41
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2016, 04:19:25 pm »
I personally like the idea off counting all kills for each team because it would make for a much more interested and closer finales. It makes the team in the lead not get too relaxed assuming they can win simply by winning each match and it encourages teams to still make kills even if they don't believe they will win the match because every kill will matter.

Offline -Muse- Grimick

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 25
    • [Grim]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2016, 06:11:56 pm »
That 5-0 flawless and mine kill tho. Daaaaaamn.

Man you know it, we should clearly fly together more ofter: magical things happen.

Offline Atruejedi

• Salutes: 64
    • [❤❤❤]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2016, 06:14:12 pm »
I personally like the idea off counting all kills for each team because it would make for a much more interested and closer finales. It makes the team in the lead not get too relaxed assuming they can win simply by winning each match and it encourages teams to still make kills even if they don't believe they will win the match because every kill will matter.

Each team gets the same amount of points for the kills the team scored together, right? This sounds interesting and exciting.

Offline Thomas

• [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2016, 07:13:47 pm »
The problem is that a tied score is highly likely, almost guaranteed.

Offline MightyKeb

• [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2016, 03:43:54 am »
The problem is that a tied score is highly likely, almost guaranteed.

Weren't the finals initially intended to be a best of 5?