Author Topic: Spire hitbox  (Read 6577 times)

Offline Daft Loon

• Salutes: 47
    • [◕_◕]
    • View Profile
Spire hitbox
« on: March 06, 2016, 05:23:44 pm »
Changing all areas of the hitbox above the bottom of the balloon to be counted as balloon hitbox.

This would have 2 main effects

- Reducing the height of the spires armor component making it harder to hit at longer ranges
- Removing the easier of the two sweet spots where hades, banshee etc can hit both balloon and armor with the same shot

It would be somewhat counter intuitive but not unprecedented and anyone who understands how hit markers work would pick up the change fairly fast.

Shaving a bit off the bottom of the spires hull hitbox could also be worthwhile.

Offline Jamini

• Salutes: 2
    • [NEV]
    • View Profile
Re: Spire hitbox
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2016, 12:40:16 pm »
Shaving a bit off the bottom of the spires hull hitbox could also be worthwhile.

Why not remove the hull component on the spike, and have it instead get aesthetically blown off if it takes enough damage? The lower half of the spire spike hardly looks structural.

Offline Daft Loon

• Salutes: 47
    • [◕_◕]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2016, 03:06:41 pm »

Why not remove the hull component on the spike, and have it instead get aesthetically blown off if it takes enough damage? The lower half of the spire spike hardly looks structural.

That would be rather neat

Offline Newbluud

• Salutes: 24
    • [T.Pr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2016, 04:30:57 pm »

That would be rather neat
I would rather they change the model entirely to make it harder to hit. I don't much care for hidden stats.

Offline Solidusbucket

• Salutes: 93
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2016, 05:06:25 pm »
I would rather they change the model entirely to make it harder to hit. I don't much care for hidden stats.

Yo! I heard you like smaller Spires. Well the boys over at Solidus's MS Paint Shop decided to hook you up.

Newbluud, say hello to your new ship.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 05:11:37 pm by Solidusbucket »

Offline Newbluud

• Salutes: 24
    • [T.Pr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2016, 05:07:30 pm »

Yo! I heard you like smaller Spires. Well the boys over at Solidus's MS Paint Shop decided to hook you up.

Spud Nick, say hello to your new ship.
It's adorable.

Offline Huskarr

• Salutes: 29
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2016, 05:50:15 am »

*Saluteing happens*

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2016, 06:53:28 am »

You sir. Have earnt another salute.
Pimp my airship! Totally needs to  be a new thread of it's own... XD