Author Topic: "When Ambush Comes to Shove" - Week 2 is being tested this weekend! (change log)  (Read 19848 times)

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Does no one at Muse know how to characterise non-linear systems?

If you want to characterise a non-linear system you need to make small changes. This is especially true when testing the system. You need to do this even if you think a component of the system is seriously out of whack because small changes in non-linear systems can have a big impact.

30% is not small. 30% plus other changes is really not small.

Quote from: Muse
mass increased to 300000 from 200000 while preserving all other steering characteristics—you said you missed ramming, right?

^ That's silly
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 02:17:03 pm by BlackenedPies »

Offline DrTentacles

• Salutes: 30
    • [GSR]
    • View Profile
The Mobula's multi-range dominance is not good for the Junker. For that alone, I'm not upset by the arc nerf.

Offline MightyKeb

• Salutes: 78
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
The Mobula's multi-range dominance is not good for the Junker. For that alone, I'm not upset by the arc nerf.

Hades double arts are very much maintainable and it is infact harder to get out of the mobula's arcs by strafing towards the wings now, which is what any sane flanking ship usually does to combat the mobula. It's a buff to hades art, nerf to almost everything else.

Offline HelFyre

• Salutes: 7
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
I don't think the squid buff will hurt that much.
Since I don't yet have the time, I will say the following, in the hope that it helps some people

• Lochnagar reduces DPC by under 70% for most guns: most importantly, it decreases DPC of the heavy flak (as this was the reason for this idea).
  • For very many common and sensible mobula builds, we require a gatling at 4(right wing high), and an explosive weapon at 2(left wing low). Fixing the gatling at 4 then, we consider possible explosive weapons at 2. We neglect the consideration of the artemis here (metamob build), and the mortar (no overlap (though of course, both mortar and gat can be used vs the shame ship)). Now if we have a flak at 2, the arcs will overlap at 5 a distance from the ship which is greater than 5 times the distance between the gun at position 2 and the gun at position 4, just under 4 times for a banshee at 2.

I just thought I'd give a flavour of effects, I doubt this information will be helpful for many people as it is presented at the moment.

Offline Lyoko Barbossa

• Salutes: 1
    • [ƬɌ]
    • View Profile
While the reduced damage for all the low ammo guns like the Heavy Flak and the Mercury is something to be concerned about, the ammo is now viable for medium to high ammo guns like the Hades and the Flamethrower.

Offline Letus

• Salutes: 34
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
on a personal feel, I think the damage of the Heavy Flak should be 30/70% Direct/AoE  Otherwise, there is no point to try to wait for arming time if the direct hit does most the damage.

Due to the fact that the shell has a warhead in it, (it is supposed to be a flak cannon, it just doesn't have the timer to airburst like flak shots do,) it should have a bigger reward for hitting an armed shot, and not just hitting a boat.  Otherwise, You might as well just go back to the Gentleman Days and grab your Merc + Flak + Flak Lesmok, All Engineer Galleons again...