Author Topic: burst rounds change suggestion.  (Read 14807 times)

Offline Omniraptor

• Salutes: 51
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: burst rounds change suggestion.
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2016, 10:28:29 am »
re: light flak. yeah, i agree with blackened. even with the slower rate of fire you should be putting a full clip into them. a burst light flak is emptied in 0.412*6 = 2.472 seconds. a mobula's armor is rebuilt (with a single spanner) in 7*0.7 = 4.9 seconds. still plenty of time. a spire is 5*0.7 = 3.5 seconds. so the jitter would hurt here.

re: dementio the math demagogue. 15% of 0 is 0. adding 0 to 0 is 0. this is my thread so what i say goes :P

the original purpose of the thread was to bring the hwacha into line and prevent mid-long range disables. i am now also leaning towards that the method of simply increasing jitter on hwacha until morale improves. adjusting an ammo to fix a gun is not the way to go here.

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2016, 11:59:29 am »
Well if we are talking about Hwacha, as a crazy idea off the top of my head, what does everyone think of reducing the AOE of Hwacha and keeping the reduced jitter..
Make disabling a full ship with burst possible with controlled fire, but also removing the ability to simply "click and win"

Just a random idea.

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2016, 12:33:36 pm »
That's an option Kamoba but I'd like to see heavy clip hwatcha again and an aoe nerf would affect it

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2016, 05:48:04 am »
That's an option Kamoba but I'd like to see heavy clip hwatcha again and an aoe nerf would affect it

That's true...
I myself want heavy carronade, light and heavy back..

Offline ZnC

• Salutes: 40
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2016, 07:38:25 am »
I've spent quite some time in the past to check out ammo alternatives for several guns, including the Light Flak. Besides Greased, Charged and Burst Rounds seemed viable when I looked at it on paper. However in practice, it does not work as well. On many occasions, the Armor was rebuilt too quickly, especially when two players tanked it. Fast rebuilds are common on the Pyra, Squid, Goldfish, and even Spire. Mobula is one of the few cases in which rebuild is much longer. It is much more important to prioritize high DPS for Armor breaks:

DPS while firing
Greased DPS - 479 (598)
Burst DPS - 317 (381)

*Brackets indicate buffs

The most used ammo on the Light Flak is and will be Greased Rounds, for good reason.

Also, D was just joking.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 07:40:41 am by Zanc »

Offline GeoRmr

• Salutes: 178
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
    • Storm Ryders
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2016, 08:50:28 pm »
Artemis, Banshee, Flamer, Hades and Minelauncher all benefit meaningfully from increased AOE.

IRL equivalent of burst rounds in a phobos.