Author Topic: Player-suggested tips  (Read 24110 times)

Offline Solidusbucket

• Salutes: 93
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
Re: Player-suggested tips
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2016, 01:04:54 pm »
Spot before you shoot

eww. no. I hate this. Nothing bothers me more than the gunner on a goldfish spamming his left click to get a spot for 10 seconds after engagement range.

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2016, 01:11:06 pm »
? It takes less than a second to spot and it's the gunner's most important job. If you can spot them then you need to spot. Your default tool is the spyglass which should always be out unless you're using chem or buff. Besides rebuilding there's nothing more important for crew than spotting ships

Offline Newbluud

• Salutes: 24
    • [T.Pr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2016, 01:12:06 pm »

Offline Newbluud

• [T.Pr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2016, 01:16:41 pm »
Spot before you shoot

eww. no. I hate this. Nothing bothers me more than the gunner on a goldfish spamming his left click to get a spot for 10 seconds after engagement range.
There are very niche instances where this is necessary, i.e. when you get caught out and have to fire for self preservation. However, with proper planning and coordination, you should not be in that situation outside of pot luck. The most I can give in agreement is to empty the hwacha and immediately spot afterwards. But again, that is only in these rare circumstances.

Offline Solidusbucket

• Salutes: 93
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2016, 01:32:18 pm »
the game glitches all the time and doesn't allow spots. This is the instance im referring to.

Offline Kingsania

• Salutes: 2
    • [ALTO]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2016, 01:49:36 pm »
Thank you for your fantastic tips! I've made another topic so that Mann's spreadsheet can be found more easily and to get information specifically for ships. If you have more tips about players or ships, post them over there so we don't have two similar topics trending.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 01:52:40 pm by Kingsania »

Offline Newbluud

• [T.Pr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2016, 04:19:16 pm »
the game glitches all the time and doesn't allow spots. This is the instance im referring to.
A maximum of three clicks. If that fails, shoot. But you shouldn't be charge engaging without a spot unless you're prepared to fight without all the information you need. I think this predominantly applies to hwacha, though, given how it is often needed instantly due to the high alpha damage and outrageous reload.