Author Topic: Free-look when aiming guns  (Read 15560 times)

Offline Omniraptor

• Salutes: 51
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: Free-look when aiming guns
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2016, 04:54:28 pm »
I don't really get what you mean by 'clicks'.  You can do what I describe in-game already, by using the arrow keys to rotate your field of view.
I just wanted to be able to use WASD instead of arrow keys for the same thing (only while on a gun).
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 04:56:32 pm by Omniraptor »

Offline Kingsania

• Salutes: 2
    • [ALTO]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2016, 05:40:11 pm »
Ah! I see. Thanks for the clariation. I was not aware that you could use the arrow keys. Thanks for that tidbit.

Offline VidyaBro

• Salutes: 1
    • [InSt]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2016, 12:01:47 am »
I was unaware that the arrow keys could be used to aim guns as well; that does help a lot for slower-turning guns, and allowing WASD to aim as well seems like a no-brainer.

Limiting the scope of 'free-looking' to the maximum turn radius of a gun is another option that could help discourage 'gun-squatting,' and I think implementing some to way keep guns from resetting to their neutral position after getting off would help a lot.

Offline Omniraptor

• Salutes: 51
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2016, 12:15:42 am »
And that is why I always check the list of controls (in options) before playing a game :)

Offline DJ Logicalia

• Salutes: 191
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2016, 03:54:29 am »
Free look would be a purely quality of life change, for making turning the artemis possible without lifting and resetting your mouse. It would make a slightly annoying edge case more convenient. My proposed fix to turning slow weapons is simply WASD. Using the movement keys in addition to mouse to rotate a gun, useful for crude adjustments to counteract your pilot's maneuvers and maintain arc. For example to keep shooting the front artemis when a junker switches sides.

I can't really wrap my head around using WASD and mouse to aim the same thing, are you saying that the WASD would be moving via 'clicks' for lack of a better word while mouse aims inside the click?

You can actually move guns with the arrow keys. I do it sometimes with Lochnagar weapons. It feels good for some reason on those guns

Offline Schwalbe

• Salutes: 178
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2016, 04:22:03 am »
I use it on my laptop when I can't bring mouse. Aiming with hwacha on full forward becomes... easier.