Author Topic: Version 1.4.5 Release Notes  (Read 38803 times)

Offline Byron Cavendish

• Salutes: 89
    • [TB]
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherhood
Re: Version 1.4.5 Release Notes
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2016, 11:11:03 am »
I don't mean to complain about a good thing here. I love new things being added to the game, but... we haven't had an update since October? There was the small December update, but that wasn't much. Is it possible to get more regular patches? Even small additions or balance changes, just to test the waters with new things would be super rad. Roughly 5 months between updates is grueling

You see, that's the kicker. You're absolutely right, 5 months is pretty bad; but there is something even worse than that. It's been 5 months, and Muse pushed this patch out with nearly no testing, and no warning. At least with this next balance patch, they are at least doing *some* testing. They keep doing this this, they keep saying they're gonna change their habits, but they never do!

I don't understand how Muse can go 5 months without a patch, or talk of a patch, and then suddenly have one pushed out and another wanting to be pushed out. And with this next one, they are probably going to do their usual "test it for 1-2 weeks, put it out and then tweak afterwards regardless of our feedback."

You guys should be talking about this, preparing us so we know it's coming and we can clear a few weeks or even months of weekend time, and then phase testing a patch over those weeks or or months, like nearly every other damn game in existence. Hell, I've been close testing Verdun's same content patch for 6 months, and it's still not out yet.

You guys have us as a resources all the time! Why do you wait for months and than rush something out, like you're in high school, and you woke up the morning a project is due without having done any work on it?! I love you guys, I want to be positive about you guys, but you keep making the same irrational, irritating mistakes over and over and it pisses me off.

Offline Dementio

• Salutes: 135
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2016, 05:09:45 pm »
Did anybody notice that the Blood and Brass titles get cut off from the victory screen nowadays? Like, "Blood and Brass Champion" just says "Blood and Brass". I mean, I don't mind being the literal personification of a tournament, but that's not what the title is supposed to mean, I imagine.

Offline GeoRmr

• Salutes: 178
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
    • Storm Ryders
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2016, 06:01:16 pm »
Did anybody notice that the Blood and Brass titles get cut off from the victory screen nowadays? Like, "Blood and Brass Champion" just says "Blood and Brass". I mean, I don't mind being the literal personification of a tournament, but that's not what the title is supposed to mean, I imagine.

Yes, it puts last word champion on the line of the person below you. It also affects master engineer elite, master gunner elite.

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2016, 01:26:04 pm »
Spire is now classified as a novice ship and is allowed in novice matches. This should be included in the patch notes

Offline DJ Logicalia

• Salutes: 191
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2016, 03:57:52 am »
Spire is NOT a novice ship. I hope thats a mistake, because that's not gong to lead to anything good

Offline Schwalbe

• [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2016, 04:41:48 am »
Sweet baby Jesus, hell no. O____________O

It's a high risk high reward glass cannon, never this should be classified as novice ship.

I'd barely classify junker as novice ship, as it requires strict discipline aboard, but spire? No, no, just NO. o_@

Offline Daft Loon

• Salutes: 47
    • [◕_◕]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2016, 05:27:53 am »
In the context of novice matches the spire is one of the easiest ships, point it at the enemy and shoot many guns at them is about all there is to it.

Classifying it as easy in regular matches where mobulas exist and people can hit with a hades is rather misleading though.

Offline Schwalbe

• [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2016, 05:32:02 am »
This might lead to a weird thought.

Is variable responsible for displaying the difficulty level of ship handling is ALSO responsible whether it's allowed in novice or not? ^^

(just curiosity)

Offline nanoduckling

• Salutes: 116
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2016, 06:40:20 am »
Out of curiosity do we know who does the statistics for Muse? Because my understanding is Spires have high win percentages, but I've never seen a proper analysis of the game data for how the ships are balanced taking into account win rates or MMR or some similar measure of skill. Spires could win frequently for a number of reasons, but it certainly isn't because they are easy ships to pilot and crew.

I worry that the Spire is being treated as a novice ship because it is successful, which is a poor proxy for the skill needed to operate it. Is there any way that future patch notes could come with an explanation for why the changes are being made the way they are? Even better would be the hard numbers the decisions are being based on.

Offline Dementio

• Salutes: 135
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2016, 08:42:08 am »
I am very sure Muse only looks at the win rate of ships, not taking guns or player MMR into account. I am also sure that the Spire has a high win rate, because some poor unfortunate souls decided to take a Junker or Pyramidion against a Hwacha Spire, that will spam Hwacha and win without effort, because Hwacha is clearly in a balanced state.