Author Topic: Version 1.4.5 Release Notes  (Read 38809 times)

Offline Atruejedi

• Salutes: 64
    • [❤❤❤]
    • View Profile
Re: Version 1.4.5 Release Notes
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2016, 09:09:06 am »
I already miss the old hit markers...

new ones are v hard to see, also I think they're bugged, all my own hits are red even if the hull is up.

This seems like a design decision. An awful, but purposely done, design decision. It was present in the developers app or Alliance recently (can't remember where I saw it, but it was there). We must rebel. Our voices must be heard. The old system was very, very good. There were no problems. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Now it's extremely hard to tell where your shots are landing if they are ineffective (and even when they are effective!). It's a bad, bad change, and we all need to let Muse KNOW that. Otherwise they'll keep it in... I can't imagine explaining to newbies how to shoot and where to shoot now... sigh...

#HitmarkerGate #CrosshairControversy

Also, while the new victory/defeat screen is surely pretty, it isn't functional AT ALL. Now rematches seem even LESS likely to occur, and holy crap, the scene change from ship to ship is so fast it's ... distracting.

And to add injury to insult [sic], I'm playing in 1920x1080 resolution on a 27 inch monitor and the new UI fonts are TINY to the point of absurdity! Goodness, Muse, why!? My eyes! My poor eyes!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 09:12:42 am by Atruejedi »

Offline Solidusbucket

• Salutes: 93
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2016, 09:24:37 am »

New skirmish match-end with crew stats and match summary

The screen flashes too quickly from ship to ship.

It needs another 1.5 - 2 seconds added before swapping.

Offline Solidusbucket

• [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2016, 09:37:57 am »
I already miss the old hit markers...

new ones are v hard to see, also I think they're bugged, all my own hits are red even if the hull is up.

This seems like a design decision. An awful, but purposely done, design decision. It was present in the developers app or Alliance recently (can't remember where I saw it, but it was there). We must rebel. Our voices must be heard. The old system was very, very good. There were no problems. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Now it's extremely hard to tell where your shots are landing if they are ineffective (and even when they are effective!). It's a bad, bad change, and we all need to let Muse KNOW that. Otherwise they'll keep it in... I can't imagine explaining to newbies how to shoot and where to shoot now... sigh...

#HitmarkerGate #CrosshairControversy

I agree. The previous hit markers were always satisfying for me. These ones do not have the same feel. I would say keep these hit markers for shipmate hits and return the old ones for our own hits.

I also do not see any more yellow markers to designate hitting armor and components. I only see red. If this is intended then that is fine.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 09:40:35 am by Solidusbucket »

Offline Keyvias

• Salutes: 83
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2016, 09:48:02 am »
Hey guys,

The new hit markers shouldn't be going out yet and the balance changes are upcoming. They are a little more aggressive than normal so we're going to be doing more testing and we'll keep you informed on what's happening with it asap.

Keep an eye out for the announcement!

Offline Watchmaker

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 55
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2016, 09:57:07 am »
One balance change snuck in by accident - fall speeds were briefly more physically accurate (meaning faster than they used to be.)  This is disabled in production again now, it's something we're still testing.

Offline GeoRmr

• Salutes: 178
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
    • Storm Ryders
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2016, 10:26:22 am »
Hey guys,
The new hit markers shouldn't be going out yet and the balance changes are upcoming.

Aww, and here was me all happy that you hadn't changed the heavy flak.  :(

Offline DJ Logicalia

• Salutes: 191
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2016, 01:23:59 pm »
I don't mean to complain about a good thing here. I love new things being added to the game, but... we haven't had an update since October? There was the small December update, but that wasn't much. Is it possible to get more regular patches? Even small additions or balance changes, just to test the waters with new things would be super rad. Roughly 5 months between updates is grueling

Offline GurasOguras

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 30
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2016, 02:48:31 pm »
all my own hits are red even if the hull is up.

Red X shaped are replacing old big hitmarkers while white, smaller + shaped replace old small hitmarkers. hitmarkers no longer indicate hull armor status. Gotta learn how to pay attention to logs now. Puts a lot of pressure into better crew communication. I like it, but of course everyone will be whining so I guess there is no chance that will be coming out for real.

Offline Areus

• Salutes: 7
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2016, 04:31:31 pm »
Big fan of this patch. Well done.

Offline Huskarr

• Salutes: 29
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2016, 05:04:20 pm »
I also really like the patch.  Big fan of the new victory screen and the changes to practice mode. So keep those, imo. I love the new skins and want more. Love the new title, I'm just not sure if I like the fact that my clan was already level 15 when I logged in today. I got myself all exited about levelling with my mates, but I also get all the rewards from day one so yay.

The new hit markers look really stylish and I feel that the are kinda dumbed down. I like the fact that the old hit markers gave you 3 types of information,  while the new ones only portray 2 unless you think around the corner. Most people (myself included) probably prefer the old ones cause we're used to them.

I'd also like to be able to see the objects again by pressing the map button,  additional to the change in how you show the objectives. It's just really useful to know how many points you need to get in cp and ck
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 05:09:56 pm by Huskarr »

Offline Areus

• Salutes: 7
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2016, 06:00:58 pm »
Roughly 5 months between updates is grueling
PC gamers lol

Offline LeRenard XD

• Salutes: 0
    • [ALTO]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2016, 06:45:57 pm »
Changes:
  • Clan chat is now visible in all chat tabs

Minor bug with this: when a clanmate joins another match, you'll get a notification that seems as if they just joined yours.

Love some of the other changes, so far.

Offline ZnC

• Salutes: 40
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2016, 07:04:25 pm »
Clan chat is now visible in all chat tabs
Minor bug with this: when a clanmate joins another match, you'll get a notification that seems as if they just joined yours.

This happens when they log in/out of the game and join/leave clan chat. There should be a way to mute it in-game as it can be pretty distracting.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 07:06:04 pm by Zanc »

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2016, 08:01:28 pm »
Friends should not join tutorials

I didn't see it listed in the changes and I don't think it's necessary to show every practice match and tutorial to those with the Teacher ability

« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 08:04:55 pm by BlackenedPies »

Offline Solidusbucket

• [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2016, 12:34:52 am »

New skirmish match-end with crew stats and match summary

The screen flashes too quickly from ship to ship.

It needs another 1.5 - 2 seconds added before swapping.

in 4v4 the screen has no fade out or fade in animation when swapping ships.