Author Topic: saving ship-bound pilot presets  (Read 6737 times)

Offline Captain Scrobeard

• Salutes: 11
    • [ooc]
    • View Profile
saving ship-bound pilot presets
« on: February 25, 2016, 01:15:43 pm »
Ahoy! Not sure if this has been discussed before ...

However, I've got a simple suggestion to make a captain's life in GoIO a bit more comfortable:

I love the feature that you're able to preset gunner- and engie-loadouts for each of your ship-loadouts and recommend them to your crew. But I don't like that you're not able to save a pilot-preset for each ship-loadout aswell. Over the time I tried out quite a lot of ship-loadouts and for almost each one I prefer different tools (including ammunition and engie-tools). This sums up in quite a lot of different pilot-loadouts I'm using regulary, way more than the 3 or 4 presets you can save. So I end up way too often using just one or two pilot-presets and switching everything around depending on the ship-loadout I've chosen while my crew just sits there with the presets I gave to them, twirling their thumbs.

So what I'd love to see as a feature in one of the upcoming patches is the possibility to save a fourth (pilot-)preset for each ship-loadout which you can pick by yourself. This would save a lot of time readjusting one of your standard-presets.

There's only one bad thing I see about that ... it could make last second counter-picks a bit more easy, since you'll be quicker in readjusting your own and your crew's loadouts. But that's only a minor disadvantage in my opinion. What do you think about the idea?

Offline Atruejedi

• Salutes: 64
    • [❤❤❤]
    • View Profile
Re: saving ship-bound pilot presets
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2016, 01:34:54 pm »
Would be very helpful. I grinded through the clan rewards just to unlock more equipment preset class slots... only to realize there wasn't an option 4/D for the pilot :'(. Now, however, Muse added a 4th pilot equipment preset... so it's time to rejoin a clan and grind that baby out! It would be great to have equipment presets tied to different ship loadout presets. Phoenixclaw/Moonshine/Hydrogen for Pyramidion 1, Phoenixclaw/Droguechute/Kerosene for Pyramidion 2, Tar/Kerosene/Droguechute for Junker 1, Phoenixclaw/Chutevent/Impactbumpers for Junker 2, etc... pick your poison.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 01:36:52 pm by Atruejedi »

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2016, 02:38:26 pm »
I like this idea, I often facepalm as I realise "Oh this is the ram build I need Moonshine." Or "Oh, I forgot to pack the luck lochnagar for the side mine..."

Offline Captain Scrobeard

• Salutes: 11
    • [ooc]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2016, 11:44:22 am »
I like this idea, I often facepalm as I realise "Oh this is the ram build I need Moonshine." Or "Oh, I forgot to pack the luck lochnagar for the side mine..."

Exactly ... this happens to me too, especially concerning little details like switching ammo-types or engie-tools.
"Oh, I'm on a galleon with drogue chute and forgot to bring the mallet instead of shifting spanner" or "Damn, still lesmok instead of greased rounds to preload the banshee".

Offline Ightrril

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 28
    • [C¤P]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2016, 05:19:44 pm »
I think it'd be a great addition. Emailed them with it as a suggestion a while ago too.

"Oh, I forgot to pack the luck lochnagar for the side mine..."

Sorry, when do pilots not have lochnagar? o.O

Offline GeoRmr

• Salutes: 178
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
    • Storm Ryders
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2016, 07:25:28 pm »
I think it'd be a great addition. Emailed them with it as a suggestion a while ago too.

on galleon, heatsink to load the flare

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2016, 03:52:37 am »

Heatsink flare galleon, and sniper Spire burst/lesmok Artemis...

It's not often