Author Topic: What's to the South?  (Read 22170 times)

Offline RedRoach

• Salutes: 23
    • View Profile
Re: What's to the South?
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2014, 06:21:45 pm »
THOSE. MACHINES. ANGLEA. MUST. HAVE.
DO.
WANT.

(Jester, I like to "Overshoot" things when doing stuff on the forums. You'll find that, while yes it can be toe-steppy much-hatey, it seems ridiculous to the point of hilarity. And for this thread at the moment, (((This))) represents my real opinion. Anything not in (((These))) can be exaggerated for "role-play effect."  ;D)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 06:24:32 pm by RedRoach »

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2014, 07:22:34 pm »
THOSE. MACHINES. ANGLEA. MUST. HAVE.
DO.
WANT.

You mean the Walkers?  Yes, they are pretty amazing.  Here, have a Land Dreadnought:

Have one firing:

There are smaller ones too, and Animal themed ones.  They're used for nigh everything, from tractors to taxis to war machines.

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 103
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2014, 09:58:52 pm »
I remember back when I was at the Scholars' Palace, when I did my studies there, that we have ventured into the west when we were called the Western Republic when Lusse visited Chang-ning some 90 annums ago. It said to be habitable, but still a wasteland from the destruction of the Great War and the Age of Dust.  Some readings even say that certain areas life has seemingly cease to exist inside a few circle boundarys. Even though it may seem impossible to live there, some sort settlement is there as the scouting fleet has been raided and attacked by planes.

So I believe that may be in the south as well. Don't know about giant walking Dreadnoughts as if the Leviathan in the Dunes is all destroyed and mangled, how many of those giant walkers are still around. And mutations are highly suspect, don't ask, I know some sort about them. Damn Birdmen. But who knows, this is some good speculation.

Hmmmm, maybe. I wonder if Tommy and the others would go? Got to go back to the Guild again, talk to Zankief again......

Offline ShadedExalt

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2014, 11:08:21 pm »
If we can maintain Galleons, they can maintain Land Ships.  There might not be many, but imagine the havoc ONE can unleash upon our fleet!  In any case, I doubt they have Airship technology.  If we managed tocapture of those Dreadnoughts, we might be able to reverse engineer the technology and incorporate it into our ships!  Who knows what could be to the South?  Does anyone know who manufactured the Leviathan? It might well have been built there!  If we could find its shipyard...!  Imagine the profit, BdrLine!  Imagine the glory it would bring our empire, RedRoach!  I re-submit my request for an expeditionary fleet!

Offline RedRoach

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2014, 07:26:57 am »
Wait, wait, wait, you want me to get a fleet? From Anglea?

I'm not an influential master-of-tongue guild-backstabbing guy, I'm a scavenger for the Mistress's sake.

Fine. I'll go round up ships. I'll do some odd jobs here and there, buy a goldfish, re-route a couple Anglean fleets, get some pirate encampment's Pyramidions, stuff like that.

(I want to think that to the to the south there's a 7th faction of raiders and miners who embrace the ground and never want to "sever" their physical connection to it. Just cause we're blowing this up into an RP doesn't mean you can ignore the OP.)

Offline ShadedExalt

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2014, 07:35:54 am »
Well, if you would be willing, that would be great!   I was, however, talking to RedRoach.  However, if you are volunteering a force, my Goldfish, the Golden Wind is most definitely availible!  (Earlier in the thread I asked for a small fleet.  Also, I am of the same thinking you are.  Just didn't thin I'd have to state it in every post.)

Offline Jester Schulz

• Salutes: 4
    • [BLFI]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2014, 07:50:36 am »
The Hyena and I are always available to the right buyer. As long as you're not with the Baronies. Pay the price RedRoach and I will fly with you. I've had my fair share of adventures into unknown areas within the known world. It would be nice to explore the unknown world. ( That would be really neat if there was a 7th faction to the south. Maybe things will be expanded after adventure mode comes out. Possible DLC content maybe)

Offline ShadedExalt

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2014, 08:14:38 am »
Well, we'll have to discuss payment.  We would have full rights to anything you might find, unless we don't want it, in which case its all yours.  This would include ships you shoot down.  (I like the DLC idea!)

Offline Jester Schulz

• [BLFI]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2014, 08:37:47 am »
As long as i get to fight and kill things I'm fine with that, but, if the battle is a good one i want atleast one item that one of enemy captain carries with them. Only the captain. I could care less about what they have for cargo. Trophies of good kills and well fought battles are what i usually look for. Even if it something small like a hat , a glass eye, a pocket watch, or a pin that the captain wears. Other than that, it's all yours. (I haven't read anything about what they might do for DLC's so i'm hoping that this would be a possibility.)

Offline RedRoach

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2014, 09:21:28 am »
Pffffft. You have your tiny litte hats and glass eyes and pocket-whats-it's-faces. I'm gonna go salvage some free tech and scrap so I can make my guns turn into rocket launchers! Also because the more old-war relics I can salvage into gadgets! and so I can make even better pranks...

(I don't know if they will add DLC to GoIO, but if we're going to have a "unified universal enemy" in the GoIO world, one that all the factions will say that it's okay to blast out of the sky besides raiders, a 7th incoming faction from the south would be the way to go. Hell, a 7th faction could even justify having to deal with a plane-only swarm!)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 09:23:19 am by RedRoach »

Offline Jester Schulz

• [BLFI]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2014, 09:45:44 am »
Blood and war is what i relish. The only tech that i want is what the Baronies have. I will take from them so that i can build a ships made of only part from them. That way i can take them on with their own guns and their own materials. The tech that i get is from the Tinkerer. If i want new tech i go find him and go adventuring into the unknown with him. The tech down there doesn't interest me. The only reason i want to go down there is to adventure and fight.

(Maybe they could make it a Game of Thrones type of thing. While the factions are fighting things out to the north, the south is stirring and preparing an army to take the north)

Offline ShadedExalt

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2014, 10:16:30 am »
I'm gonna go salvage some free tech and scrap so I can make my guns turn into rocket launchers! Also because the more old-war relics I can salvage into gadgets!

(I don't know if they will add DLC to GoIO, but if we're going to have a "unified universal enemy" in the GoIO world, one that all the factions will say that it's okay to blast out of the sky besides raiders, a 7th incoming faction from the south would be the way to go. Hell, a 7th faction could even justify having to deal with a plane-only swarm!)

Ah ah ah!  Tech and scrap are ours for the most part.  Things we don't want or you negotiate off us are yours, but anything we deem interesting is going on our Galleons.  Pay will be whatever gold and money you find, or things we aren't interested in.  Which is going to amount to most of it.

And Jester... well, if you don't want payment, that's fine by us.

(That would make perfect sense.  I wonder if Planes will have multiple damage types?  I also like the Game of Thrones idea.  Maybe some kind of dictatorship with lots of manpower, but little tech?  Planes would fit that bill.)

Offline Jester Schulz

• [BLFI]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2014, 11:35:10 am »
Fine by me. Blood and war is payment enough for me. It's been a while since i've seen heavy amounts of bloodshed. The trinkets and such are good enough for me. I don't need money or scraps. I'm a war monger. Fighting is my passion and my drive. That, and the destruction of the Baronies.

(The Game of Thrones idea would fit very well. Quarrels in the north while armies converge in the south. Eventually the factions would have to put their fighting aside to fight a common enemy.)

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2014, 05:53:48 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vZiDv3nUoU

Yeah I imagine something like skies of arcadia.

A region made up of small floating island nations with nothing but vast ocean below and a huuuge layer of cloud to hide it.

Floating islands created long ago by the effects of old and ancient technology. The cloud layer being created by the mysterious technology heating up the sea to create steam that rises and cools into a constant perpetual cloud cover. And a mysterious force keeping the islands afloat which are made of mysterious minerals that defies gravity when charged with a certain type of energy.

People cannot explore the waters below though because you'd be boiled alive as the temperature significantly rises as you get closer to the bottom.

Offline ShadedExalt

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2014, 09:07:10 pm »
...Well its a good thing we have airships, isn't it?