Author Topic: Faction tactics and strategies and preferred loadouts  (Read 48896 times)

Offline Silver Corsair

• Salutes: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Faction tactics and strategies and preferred loadouts
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2016, 02:01:44 am »
I see the Angleans as skilled in tight spaces but with more practice in attacking than ambushes. Their main objective is to get supplies and get out without any technology getting compromised. Ships appear quickly, disabling the opposing ships and boarding. Soldiers would repel if the town was weak with no reinforcements. All threats are neutralized but a massacre is avoided. Slaves are taken rarely.

Offline Helios.

• Salutes: 14
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2016, 12:55:23 pm »
there are no Yeshan designs in the junker; it's 100% Arashi.

the Yeshans built a lot of the ships we play in skirmish: the goldfish, pyramidion, galleon. these ships together make a incredibly dangerous battle-fleet: hard hitting heavy weapons with pyras punching holes in the enemies' battle line and causing openings for goldfish to exploit and chase down retreating ships and bring them down or disable them.
the Arashi built the junker, a reactive ship designed to survive the harsh Arashi sandstorms and defending the desert strongholds. we havn't seen their other ships except the fleets in skirmish, but I imagine that the Arashi are unusual in that they could actually have a infantry support of the airships. they are the only ones tough and resourceful enough to support infantry movement through the terrible deserts. the Yeshans are clever but rely on their huge dockyards and navy to move their armies around. the fleet we see in alliance (which you can play if you play if you preorder the game) has long range sniper ships and short range snub-nosed, tough, short combat ramming ships.

Offline Huskarr

• Salutes: 29
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2016, 03:18:14 am »
Where's your evidence of the fish being Yeshan? The fish is the only ship I don't know where it's from. Junker is Arashi, Pyramide and Galleon are Yeshan. Spire and mob are Baronies. Squid is ChalladonIan.

Offline Silver Corsair

• Salutes: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2016, 11:33:39 am »
I have heard that the mob was mercantile. The goldfish looks too general to be from a specific faction.

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2016, 01:49:05 pm »
I have heard that the mob was mercantile. The goldfish looks too general to be from a specific faction.

Not sure about Goldfish but I know that the Mobula is a design from the Guild in response to a request from a Baronie princess for an airship you can see the stars from and a whoooooooole lot of money.

Offline Helios.

• Salutes: 14
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2016, 11:55:22 am »
the goldfish is very stylistically similar to the drawings of the yeshan buildings. also, the lanterns and swooping colored fins look very chinese, which is the cultural DNA of the yeshan visual style.