Author Topic: The Market  (Read 7345 times)

Offline SeaMichelle

• Salutes: 1
    • View Profile
The Market
« on: February 23, 2013, 11:27:33 am »
All around the small centre of the garden, looking in towards the dirty old fountain, market stalls are packed closely together, lining the border of the circular walkway. While each stall was designed differently - some made with splintered wood, others decorated with fine brass - the stalls were all roughly the same size. Atop most were banners, signifying pride in that vendor's home. (Needless to say, this often sparked controversy and arguments among some of the rival nations.)
As one walks even near the market, every sense is activated by a bevvy of sensations. The sounds of bustling customers, the aromas of prepared foods, the shouts and verbal advertisements of the various salesmen, and every now and again, the feel of a loosely-thrown projectile originating from an angry patron.
Every item considerable is available in the market. Even Gerard, the local junk salvager, has a stand to showcase his finest scrap.
And I find it absolutely repugnant.
I have no stall, nor business in such a disgusting place. However, I do have family who runs a clothing shop, and every shore leave I get is usually spent assisting my sister (against my will, of course).
So if I'm not enjoying the feeling of getting ripped to shreds by a carronade, I'm selling fine shirts to not-so-fine consumers.

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: The Market
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2013, 11:35:19 am »
I work around there, repairing machines and guns and stuff on the spot. It's a pretty good hobby (and source of extra income) whenever I'm not crewing on a ship.

Offline Wazulu

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 39
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2013, 07:26:59 pm »
After my first 'ship got torn to pieces by a Flak I've had to find other forms of employment- I serve on the KGS Mars when it isn't on a tour, having made a deal with the Captain:

He lets me fly with him and in return I sell his lucrative range of Plushies.

Offline Lehran

• Salutes: 9
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2013, 01:15:48 pm »
I occasionally resupply here. I find the local taverns a tad sketchy though. The ammo merchants have some great deals. A few Yeshan gold goes a long way.