Author Topic: To think that I originally planned to post this in the Pit...  (Read 7308 times)

Offline C r o w

• Salutes: 15
    • [Lock]
    • View Profile
To think that I originally planned to post this in the Pit...
« on: February 09, 2016, 04:29:13 pm »
http://youtu.be/xHEG3qnZntI

Ok, now, if you are European and know Europe's history as much as I do (that... Is not actually all that much) you can easily get goosebumps by really understanding what is sang in it.
Now, historical pride apart, I saw people shitting on this song because it's "plain bad, totally shit", I personally fon't think so, but I'do like to hear the opinion of well mannered people like you all.
Is it really shit? What does this lack?

P.s. I dreamed sometimes of drawing something to accompany the various events recalled in the song, but since my drawings are made of the same materials of the armor of a spire (hopes and dreams), I can't, and I actually find very pleasing to see that someone made a video mix for it.

Offline C r o w

• [Lock]
    • View Profile
Re: To think that I originally planned to post this in the Pit...
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2016, 04:30:41 pm »
Addendum: Fun fact, when I was writing "mannered", my correction system proposed to write "Mann".
Is it a sign that the Mann is a well mannered bard?

Offline Huskarr

• Salutes: 29
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2016, 05:17:00 pm »
I like the song. I'm just a bit confused by the amount of America in the video, and Persia.

If you think about it Europe has pretty much the same "amount" of history as the rest of the world. Europe's is just very well documented and we as westerners are exposed to it more than other history. People might say that Europe's history is the bloodiest, but I don't think so. Pretty much every place has a bloody history. And now I completely lost my point.

Offline C r o w

• [Lock]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2016, 06:43:44 pm »
I like the song. I'm just a bit confused by the amount of America in the video, and Persia.

If you think about it Europe has pretty much the same "amount" of history as the rest of the world. Europe's is just very well documented and we as westerners are exposed to it more than other history. People might say that Europe's history is the bloodiest, but I don't think so. Pretty much every place has a bloody history. And now I completely lost my point.
Yes, the same amount, but of more quality, we were already hacking and slashing at each other when in Africa they were still... doing...... things
Asians loved to spill as much blood as Europeans tho.
If you see Persia, it's because it has been fucking with Ancient Greece and later kingdoms for a loooooooooooooong time, so yeah, it deserved a honourable mention.
America because they got all the recent tragedies from the "New Caliphate". 

Offline Schwalbe

• Salutes: 178
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2016, 12:32:59 am »
I don't know. The choirs and drums are good, but the vocals... well I can think of worse ones (that BFMV bitch for example), but when he started singing it was a turn off to me.

About lyrics... meh? (I might be IT, but I'm not so bad in history too)

Somewhat when it comes to music about war I prefer stuff like this.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 12:36:07 am by Schwalbe »

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 146
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2016, 03:20:55 am »
Addendum: Fun fact, when I was writing "mannered", my correction system proposed to write "Mann".
Is it a sign that the Mann is a well mannered bard?

♫♫♫The Most Mannered Bard.♫♫♫