Author Topic: The stupid ramblings of a mad crow  (Read 20007 times)

Offline C r o w

• Salutes: 15
    • [Lock]
    • View Profile
The stupid ramblings of a mad crow
« on: February 09, 2016, 01:49:12 pm »
*stupidly rambles*

I found that a clan called "Demons of Razgriz" exists, and I really do hope that in battle they set up the "Unsung War" soundtrack from the Ace Combat game where they take their name from.

The real motivation why we can't get rid of the newbies is because we need their commends to get some achievements.

I can't really understand why newbies don't do the tutorial, I mean, wanting to try in battle something, being a ship, a loadout, a class, is good, but if you don't know what it does or how it functions no one gains from it.

Don't know why but sometimes I fly my galleon as if it's the most command-responsive airship in the game, other times is just a bumpfest.

Since I'm an ignorant crow I don't know if really incendiary ammo doesn't have any effect on flamethrowers.

If you ever meet a guy named ALE drunken sailor, take him as a gunner if you don't have a higher level one, he's quite skilled with many weapons.
And will eventually make everyone hear the "What shall we do with the drunken sailor" song in voice chat.

You know that you are facing a not so original and skilled enemy captain if he instantly copy-pastes your setup, in a rematch, after you beat him.
Show him how that particular setup should really be used, make them pay.

I find that a lot, and I mean, A-FUCKING-LOT, of people has on their ship one of those... Statue-thingie on the front, how come? Gifts? Sales? Still, they all look beautiful.

The GOIO forum is really a nice place, I wonder why other members of the community don't come here.

I personally find that the female character model is better made than the male one.

Since Muse already had made an airship model before GOIO, The Icarus, why don't they just retexture it a bit better and put it into the game?
...or
...maybe...
IT'LL BE A BOSS IN ALLIANCE MODE! THE ICARUS REPLICA!

Even if I get rekt, I would really like to meet a clan doing a 4, or even 3 or 2, ship coordinated formation, where they move like a squadron...
Yes, I definitely wouldn't mind a bit being defeated by such a magnificent thing.

I can't stress enough the fact that the GOIO community, even with some noob-hate shenanigans, is one of the most welcoming and kind communities I have ever seen, especially if we try to compare it to like... any moba community whatsoever.

Really you guys are awesome.

Once I met a pilot who drove a galleon trough Canyon Ambush like it was a butterfly and the while being perfectly positioned; to make amend for the fact that I don't know how to drive that well, I only killed enemies by ramming for the entirety of that match as a sign of repentance.

If you try to ram a galleon on the side with anything less than a pyramidon, then it's not you who are ramming the side of a galleon, but is the galleon that is ramming your face with its side.

Captained once a Spire in King of the Hill, Lumberjack and 3 dragon tongues, enemies reached 430 (point less, point more) points, when finally my teammate managed to capture it. I stationed myself above it, and won, only after that match I found that the win condition was 450, making me tremble as I realized I literally snatched the victory from the enemy's grasp at the last second.

Only now, reading the Cake doctrine on the forum, I realize that that build may have already been tried by someone of those pyromaniacs.

Even if I love the ship, I still don't know where is the ramming sweet-spot for the galleon...

In a munker match in the canyon I met a squid pilot that was able of avoid my flying minefields, my whole ship was panicking, then he tripped in one of the most recent placed mines, that triggered the whole minefield.
My ship died too, but it was worth it.

Level 2 captains that go full retard in flying minefields just make me want to break a wall with headbutts.

Before starting to brutally murder my mobula, once, a gentleman of a captain said
"Consider yourself flanked"
My ship was aptly named "Don't flank me"

Once we had to enter a truce with the enemy team that lasted few minutes because all the captains, including myself, were too occupied insulting each other and were not focused enough to drive.

The Goldfish's main engine location is the worst ever, in my opinion.

Whoever designed the Mobula's weapon placement wanted to say a very big
"FUCK YOU" to multi-merc builds.

Once I managed to get lost on a Spire.

Me and another captain level ~14 were fighting against two novice captains.
In my strafing runs a crewman made me notice that a captain-less enemy crew was continuously jumping out of the ship.

The only thing that I find more annoying than a good squid pilot, is a good squid pilot in Paritan Rumble.
That plays peek-a-boo.
With a field gun.

If you see low level engineers that behave like gunners and take their place, you either are winning or your ship is full of morons.
If you see a gunner running around and doing the engineer's work, you either have the aforementioned engineer on your ship or you are in a pretty messy situation.

To the newbies should be taught, as first thing, before ANYTHING ELSE, that they are capable of reading.
Teach them again that they can read, and they may stop using the mallet to rebuild and the spanner to repair.

My galleon was previously called "Furiosa" (that means "Furious" in Italian and has a wonderful sound said in other languages), then changed to "Dies Irae" (The day of Wrath, from Latin), in fights I pair it sometimes with the Mozart's Dies Irae in the background.
It's all good, fine and epic, 'till some powder monkey wastes at random a full hwatcha or entirely misses a target a few meters away from him.

You know Coldcurse on the forum? From how I picture him, I imagine him flying with Davy Jones' theme (the one made for Pirate of the Caribbean, by Hans Zimmer) in the background, while laughing evilly and maniacally.

Russians, these representatives of the Slav people are overpowered in every game they play: in mobas they make people insta-ragequit, in MMOs they break the very limit of reality, on War Thunder they swarm every server, as they do it on DotA too.

Someone: "Gl hf"
Russki: "Cyka blyat"
Russki: ")))))))"

Someone: "Help me take that guy down!"
Russki: "I fucker yor muthar"

And now I just quoted the most memorable things.
And here is GOIO: are there any Russians at all?

I'd be using Lochnagar ammo all the time, but the fact that they one-shot light guns stops me: were they always so strong in terms of self damage?

I met once a long range spire, with a madman that used a Lochnagar lumberjack, my ship was stripped of its armor and hull a few seconds after we spotted them.

Once you play games like Dark Souls, dying in any other game is not as much as a problem anymore.

To make the final "Madness" build, one should equip his ship with only harpoons and Minotaur cannon, this combo will certainly be effective against the enemy crew's sanity.

What would happen if someone shot multiple targets with harpoon guns and then tried to move? Would the targets eventually impact among themselves?

If I knew a bit better how to define in English how many syllables are in a word, I'd b  doing haikus all day.

*the crow stops his rambling and flies away*

« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 01:55:22 pm by Crow of Cainhurst »

Offline Carn

• Salutes: 63
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
Re: The stupid ramblings of a mad crow
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2016, 01:59:53 pm »
Out of curiosity Crow, have you ever flown on, with, or against a true terror of GOIO, El Muid? It is one of my favorite builds to have fun with.

Offline C r o w

• [Lock]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2016, 02:00:18 pm »
Also, while looking "Who's Online?", I notice that guests have a strange abitude of checking Lueosi's profile (did I even wrote that right?)

Offline C r o w

• [Lock]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2016, 02:07:30 pm »
Out of curiosity Crow, have you ever flown on, with, or against a true terror of GOIO, El Muid? It is one of my favorite builds to have fun with.
I dont't know whether is fortunate or not, but I never met an El Muid in battle, neither ally, nor enemy.

But it seems like it's one of your favorite build

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2016, 02:08:18 pm »
Think the Squid cousin of the Munker. In short, a Squid with a full mine loadout. Piloting one requires a certain amount of skill and cajones. Quite fun to fly, provided the guy on the front gun doesn't decide to loch mine the ship. Don't let that guy get bored. El Muid is a high speed, high mobility, slightly suicidal build.

Offline C r o w

• [Lock]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2016, 02:29:45 pm »
I'll try to fly an El Muid as soon as I'll be able.
But now imagine, what' de more epic that a won match with an El Muid?

A 4v4 El Muids vs Munkers!
That'd be a clash of such epicness that one of the likes would never be seen.

Unless they release a heavy mine launcher,
then it'd be galleon all the way.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 02:31:32 pm by Crow of Cainhurst »

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2016, 02:43:24 pm »
Have you never been in a Mine Madness Match? Imagine 4v4 mostly Munkers, an occasional Muid.  If full 4v4 Munker, then its possible to have 200 active mines in one match. It's one of the most beautiful sights I'm the game.......

Offline C r o w

• [Lock]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2016, 03:16:35 pm »
Can either Paritan Rumble or Canyon Ambush be picked in a 4v4 match?
Because, if it is possible, it would give a totally new meaning to the words "caos", "madness", and "majestic".
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 03:18:56 pm by Crow of Cainhurst »

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2016, 03:19:57 pm »
No, they are 2v2 maps. There aren't many 4v4 maps, but any match where all combatants only use mines, can be considered a Mine Madness Match.

Offline C r o w

• [Lock]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2016, 06:47:18 pm »
I find it peculiar that nobody has written some quotes from movies transformed in their GOIO version, like:
"YOUR MOTHER WAS A JUNKER AND YOUR FATHER SMELT OF LESMOK ROUNDS!"
or
"I FLARE IN YOUR GENERAL DIRECTION!"

Just to semi-quote Monty Python

Offline Ightrril

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 28
    • [C¤P]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2016, 07:49:20 pm »
Incendiary does have an effect in the Flamethrower, but it lights fewer fires per second than greased (and does less direct damage, has less range, is less useful in other guns, and is overall a terrible idea).

Offline C r o w

• [Lock]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2016, 04:33:19 am »
Addendum I: Whenever I post here, it'll either be to converse with come one who replied, or to add ramblings.
It'll be more often ramblings

Offline C r o w

• [Lock]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2016, 04:37:14 am »
Right now I found that both Azn and Pieman managed to put in the "Skies have no limit" story, at least as far as I have read for now,  both the ADF Falken and the X-02 Wyvern, now I'm waiting for someone to add the GAF-1 Varcolac and the XFA-33 Fenrir.
Mostly the Fenrir, damn that jet was a beast.

Offline C r o w

• [Lock]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2016, 09:12:40 am »
Right now I found that both Azn and Pieman managed to put in the "Skies have no limit" story, at least as far as I have read for now,  both the ADF Falken and the X-02 Wyvern, now I'm waiting for someone to add the GAF-1 Varcolac and the XFA-33 Fenrir.
Mostly the Fenrir, damn that jet was a beast.

Did neither, ok, no problemo

The story itself is good, but at the end too many random people appear doing random things.
And others just write for a while and the drop out.

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2016, 09:51:43 am »
It happens to longer RPs.  If your looking for a laugh down batshit weird lane, read Koali's RP Tavern thread. It was fun.