Author Topic: The silliest, most idiotic and hilarious build you used  (Read 13786 times)

Offline C r o w

• Salutes: 15
    • [Lock]
    • View Profile
The silliest, most idiotic and hilarious build you used
« on: February 07, 2016, 05:13:56 pm »
While straying from the main topics and looking for more unusual ones, I found that there is no topic about
"The silliest, most idiotic and hilarious build you used"!
So... Why not create one?!

INB4 NO MUNKER, BECAUSE IF YOU HAVE NEVER USED ONE, IT'S LIKE YOU NEVER PLAYED GOIO

Offline C r o w

• [Lock]
    • View Profile
Re: The silliest, most idiotic and hilarious build you used
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2016, 05:18:37 pm »
My silliest was a Pyramidon with four flare guns, I was paired with a Metamidon against a Hwachafish and a...
Short range mobula (1 carronade, 1 gat, 1 HARPOON, 1 hades, 1 flamer)

I remember so well the weapon setup because I actually WON that match, killing once the Mobula with flare guns and once by ram the fish

I named my pyra for that match "Lightbringer"

Offline Newbluud

• Salutes: 24
    • [T.Pr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2016, 05:20:16 pm »
I've actually seen this thread under different names before. I guess I'll just post here.

4v4 vs 4 galleons, took double gat ramming pyra and ally took a heatsink flakfish. Strip and ram, flaks finished them really quickly. We got almost all of the kills that match, moving galleon to galleon.

Offline C r o w

• [Lock]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2016, 05:58:49 pm »
vs 4 galleons
We got almost all of the kills that match

AGAINST 4 GALLEONS?!?!?

My God, then or you and your ally just drove the airships around like jet fighters to avoid enemy shots, or they had a terrible aim...
Or the other 2 ships in your team tanked and were baits
Either way, it's amazing!

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2016, 09:57:09 pm »
Here's a few that didn't work

Mine double harpoon mobula with chute vent. Shoot mines and time both harpoons at the same time. Draw them down (old harpoon) and chute vent. The goal is to chute vent smash them on the ground. We won...

Triple flare double carro junker (old flare). Use the heavy clip flares to disable guns during approach then grind them down with double carro + flare. Slow and painful victory

Experimented a few times as engi pilot on galleon (pre stamina). Gat double flak. The main engi brought spanner mallet buff greased and phoenix claw. I brought spanner mallet chem and kero/moonshine. The idea was I'd mostly fly and chem, but if we got into a bad situation they would fly and use phoenix claw. The bottom engis were spanner mallet buff/chem and both had lochnagar. The idea was a buffed greased gat plus two loch flaks would break armor and kill quickly. Loch flak does 223 armor dmg and with a spanner mallet you can shoot twice before losing dps. It killed pyras but wasn't quite successful

Offline Riggatto

• Salutes: 60
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2016, 12:36:44 am »
My good old buddy TwoLeftSocks ran what he called a "fishing junker", using a harpoon on the front with mines and banshees on the sides. It was surprisingly effective, but seemingly only when he was on the enemy team >_>...

Offline Fynx

• Salutes: 30
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2016, 06:40:59 am »
Flare flare mine squid with a good gunner on the rear mine launcher and unhappy engineers on the engines.
Includes lots of tar, that might be connected with how unhappy engineers are. Also, flying backwards into your own tar towards panicking enemies trying to escape. Or flying forward when they decide to actually kill you. Flares are used to light up the tar behind so the gunner has some remote idea where the enemy ships are.

Actually won some matches like that, thanks to clever enemies trying to kill that little annoying squid that allowed allied ships to do some damage in the meantime.

It's a good practice for mine gunner and pilot regarding squid tar usage and flying backwards. It's not very effective though and the pilot is instantly branded as troll for whatever reasons.

Offline C r o w

• [Lock]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2016, 06:49:15 am »
pilot is instantly branded as troll for whatever reasons.
"whatever"

Still, that's the quintessence of a bait ship

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2016, 11:04:45 am »
All carronade spire
set ai to attack
set to full forward
take a nap

I won?

Offline Dementio

• Salutes: 135
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2016, 11:33:53 am »
Back then the Harpoon lasted for 2 minutes once it hit, didn't have much pull force to bring with it and added some interesting physics like both ships turning away from each other and flying in a circle. To counter the weird physics that come with one harpoon, I brought two harpoons on the Mobula's bottom deck that were to be shot at the same time, and it kind of worked, killed a Goldfish in Canyon because it was crushed into a mountain while I flew sideways through a gap between two other mountains, one of them being the mountain the Fish died on. Had Mine Launchers on the top wings and an Artemis on the top middle.

Another hilarious build was one that I found by scouting a running lobby piloted by some random low level. He probably didn't even know the brilliance of it. A Squid with a front Mercury, side Flare and Aft Mine Launcher. Use it in 3v3 or 4v4 and you can ramkill Galleons on Dunes all day long.

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2016, 07:55:38 pm »
The silliest build in terms of game play, all flare mobula, the lagg was real, but many people have done that...

The build which confuses many people but happens to work quite nicely, blender fish with side mine and gunner on side mine, buff engine front gun...

Most hilarious build?
All mine squid in a Mines only lobby against a Munker and Mobumine with Mobumine ally... The map was paritan rumble too.... Hardest most intense full speed squid piloting I've ever done and hilarious the two times we died were not from Mines being shot at us but instead me crashing into a mine and being launched into multiple Mines.

Another hilarious build, harpoon only mobula lobby (same players as above mine lobby.) I was the only pilot who took moonshine, the ram kills were amazing.

Offline Daft Loon

• Salutes: 47
    • [◕_◕]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2016, 10:36:29 pm »
Mobula with 3 mines and a central harpoon, the tactic being to have the crew all fire mines and fire the harpoon at the right moment myself with the jump trick before going full moonshine + stamina reverse to drag them into a field of (burst) mines. Its about the only use for the new harpoon ive found.

Sumofish - a minotaur goldfish taken to labrynth to shove ships off the point.

Offline Newbluud

• Salutes: 24
    • [T.Pr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2016, 05:22:12 am »
Mobula with 3 mines and a central harpoon, the tactic being to have the crew all fire mines and fire the harpoon at the right moment myself with the jump trick before going full moonshine + stamina reverse to drag them into a field of (burst) mines. Its about the only use for the new harpoon ive found.

Sumofish - a minotaur goldfish taken to labrynth to shove ships off the point.

This reminds me of me and Guras taking two minotaur-triple-mine spires on Labyrinth against equal opponents and winning by simply making the point completely unapproachable. Once we saw the enemy ships, we zoned them out entirely for the whole match. There were no kills and a straight 450-0 in our favour. We found it hilarious, however, without naming names, there was some less than respectable salt from the other team. I get the feeling the match was agonising to sit through for them.

Offline Schwalbe

• Salutes: 178
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2016, 07:43:08 am »
Full minotaur + artemis galleon back in the time the minotaur was extremely annoying. Constant sick spins from 1.5 km + artemis hitting shit at random. Noobs utterly pissed in match chat. Hilarious.

Offline GeoRmr

• Salutes: 178
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
    • Storm Ryders
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2016, 08:51:53 am »
A Squid with a front Mercury, side Flare and Aft Mine Launcher

That flare mercury bifecta tho - OP OP.