Author Topic: The First Ship You Flew In When You Came Out Of Novicehood  (Read 29936 times)

Offline Schwalbe

• Salutes: 178
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
Re: The First Ship You Flew In When You Came Out Of Novicehood
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2016, 12:09:16 pm »
Now I fly a variety of things. Though I will never fly a mobula or junker.

Well, what can I say - you are missing out much. :)

Offline Letus

• Salutes: 34
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2016, 02:57:33 pm »
If the topic was first ship we piloted

I can't remember
It was either a Goldfish, Galleon, or Junker...I want to say Galleon because I remember Captain Roy giving me a verbal chastise because I was flying it...and not treating it like a gun platform..
...I learned fast..
(I hated the Pyramidion...I still hate the Pyramidion.  I felt dirty when I piloted the Pyramidion...I still feel dirty when flying Pyramidion, so that's the reason it wasn't my first ship..)

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 146
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2016, 02:56:50 am »
The first ship I ever flew was the brawl spire.

Despite coming out of novice, I didn't fly a ship until I was a level 25 engineer and a level 12 gunner.
Since then, I "picked" up some things from flying with good captains, ship builds, flight tricks, friendly banter.

Now I fly a variety of things. Though I will never fly a mobula or junker.

Need more Bants,

Join my mob crew xD you wont regret it

Offline SapphireSage

• Salutes: 11
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2016, 05:20:01 pm »
Novice didn't exist when I started playing, but I remember some of the events of that match.

I was a level 9 engineer in the lobby waiting around, but no one was willing to take the helm so I decided I would give it a shot. I flew a fairly standard Hwachafish with gatling right/flare left. The people who happened to join my ship were Yukimuri(level 10 gunner) and Taxed(level 8 engineer). They were pretty good and very nice people that were able to handle the situations we were in while giving general advice. At the end they even complimented me, saying that I flew like a level 10 and it was one of the happiest days of my beginning captain experience.

My first crewing games were less than exciting since none of the guides written at the time went into clans and notable people. My first bunches of games consisted of going into lobbies labeled "Ryders in the Storm" or "Duck Pond" and being on ships of people who neither communicated or also had an idea of what they needed to do since everyone who has played the game for a while knew what the lobby names meant and either didn't join or left when they weren't on the stacked side. That went on until I almost quit.

Offline Cheesy Crackers

• Salutes: 82
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2016, 08:19:11 am »
I used to pilot a Pyramidion back in the beta then didn't buy the game for a year after release before I came upon it again. Bought the game and ended up playing and loving the pyra all over again :p.

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2016, 04:31:36 pm »
Probably a Pyra.  Back when it was a tanky arrow.

Offline Lanliss

• Salutes: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2016, 04:46:42 pm »
When I first started out I was engineer on a Junker. Captain Valhallen's My Junk, which he used for ramming mostly. I had a heck of a time keeping his engines up when he was moonshineing, but had fun anyway. As a result, my first ship was a Junker. I was stupid at the time, so I had gats on top deck, banshees on bottom, and a merc on the front.