Author Topic: JonTron plays GOI...  (Read 23433 times)

Offline Dev Bubbles

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 55
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
Re: JonTron plays GOI...
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2016, 12:27:15 pm »
Since I'm being quoted, and my email reply is being posted here, I might as well answer here hahaha.  There's no arguing.  I was just simply mentioning what happened or what's happening.  Like I said, this is JonTron's authentic video and his humor.  We don't have control over what he does, and in general we do not influence how youtubers edit their videos or perceive the game.  With the new players, we'll try our hardest to make them feel welcome and help them.  And if you guys are willing to do the same, that will be very helpful.  Thanks!

Offline D.Strought

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 2
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2016, 12:30:27 pm »
I can't understand what you are so mad about this video  ???,
JonTron made a video that is not teaching how to play the game and calls it (REAL TUTORIAL!!)...
I'm sry to see that the Internet is not understanding sacasm but besides that his video is showing him having a lot of fun with GOIO
and giving an authentic impression what new players may experience.
I mean in the end he learns teh most important things about GOIO
1.that Teamplay is important (4:40)
2.The good feeling when you destroy your enemy (3:56)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 12:33:43 pm by D.Strought »

Offline Schwalbe

• Salutes: 178
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2016, 12:42:54 pm »
Ok Howard, I exaggerated a bit. On the other hand for one moment I had that "why the hell do people miss my point...again?" feeling I hate. At least we've explained each other some things, so yeah.

Sarcastic or not, it's a compilation of behaviors both on JT's and other players in vid side that just make us, vets, toxic or bloodlusty.

And don't you forget - people are fucking stupid, and some may actually take it more seriously than you'd expect and not understand this sarcasm the way it actually should be understood. Some of us are affraid of both troll influx and playerbase departure inherent to such.

Also, I feel it was explained, what we feel is wrong with this video and what made us "so mad".

Also, doesn't matter he makes points like you mentioned, when he puts more accenture on the rest of behaviors, including that moment when they killed a ship and he went on the rant "hurr durr, have it for 15 minutes of yelling at me for shooting". Those points are just lost in-between the clusterfuck of stuff that make us feel like we are being genuinely trolled...

Offline AbbyTheRat

• Salutes: 52
    • [◉‿◉]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2016, 12:49:39 pm »
There's a lot of new player hate and some harsh words involved in this thread towards JonTron.

I would like to remind people that insults are not allowed under forums rules. If thread devolve into a flamewar, it will end up locked.
Kindly keep the discussion civil, please.

Offline Dev Bubbles

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 55
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2016, 12:50:11 pm »
No worries Schwalbe. 
And I totally get your point. 
We already shared the video, and we'll try to do better with captioning next time. 
Really all we can do is to show new players how the game plays and be as helpful as possible.  And report the bad apples of course. 
For that I would love to get you guys' help to do that. 
Thanks!  Howard

Offline Schwalbe

• [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2016, 01:04:01 pm »
There's a lot of new player hate and some harsh words involved in this thread towards JonTron.

I would like to remind people that insults are not allowed under forums rules. If thread devolve into a flamewar, it will end up locked.
Kindly keep the discussion civil, please.

Point those out, exactly. Except maybe for the first Disaster's post, though I can't blame him, I know his attitude personally and I understand his reasoning.

We're keeping it as civil as possible for some of us. If you didn't yet comprehend that I drop f-bombs no matter my mood because that's my way of expressing myself, then I don't know what to say.

And as a person suffering from disorder from autism spectrum, I don't feel offended by that meme of Disaster, pull yourself together.

Edit: That's funny. Howard in conversation tells me that they do not support censorship, while Mod on forum censors stuff... hmmmm.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 01:21:49 pm by Schwalbe »

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2016, 01:21:12 pm »
well I'm in the persuasion that likes the video because I beat up jontron.

If he can be beaten he can be killed.

Offline Schwalbe

• [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2016, 01:29:21 pm »
well I'm in the persuasion that likes the video because I beat up jontron.

If he can be beaten he can be killed.

I have no fucking clue of what do you mean by that.

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2016, 01:54:53 pm »
Well, I understand that leaving on the forum comment calling guy Muse is working with an insult is not acceptable and they had to delete it for, say, business reasons. I am not happy about it, but I do understand their point of view.

As to "autism" thing if that's a problem

So let me explain myself in a way. And let me underline that I'm not judging JonTron as a person for now, I'm only writing with regards to his 'behaviour' in this video, in the game.
So he is acting in an arrogant matter despite very small knowledge of the game. He also refuses to cooperate with his teammates, he is not doing what he should do as engineer, he is claiming he can do things better while he shoots 2 hwacha salvos into the ally. As engineer, acting like typical noob, he sees teh big guhn and just claims it as his own. He is showing, and I mean it literally, the worst kind of new-player or noobish behaviour you could easily imagine. He even says "I'm trying my best" while completely ignoring what his captain says. The moment when he laughs and says "He's so mad at me" some people could come to a conclusion that he is not just being incompetent, he is deliberately trolling, which if true, would make matters even more. Sadly, you can see that his teammates are quite patient with him, or they just probably gave up, while I think he should be at least shouted at a bit. But they still were trying to push him in the right direction, not being really hostile (at least on the video). So excuse me if I call such player a bad word, because this is really the worst kind of behaviour one can see in this game. I do not make any claims, but seeing such behaviour, in my opinion, it is reasonable to at least consider such person as unconsiderate, rude, uncooperative and basically a pain in the ass to be around.

And don't even get me started on "this is just a vid" or "just a prank brah" kind of stuff. This guy RUINED the match for at least 3 people. And this kind of video is upladed officialy on GOIO's facebook account? For me the ONLY reason someone should put such video would be with caption "How to get a ban in one match". Seriously. As a veteran I feel really bad that such video is put officialy by the devs and such behaviour is not condemned. This is a huge statement by Muse, saying that such behaviour (which I call the worst you can expect) is.... fine. This is fine. THIS IS FINE?!
Do you want death squadrons GOIO? Because that's how you get death squadrons.
This doesn't matter very much probably, but this hurts me personally, because I've seen a ton of such players ruining the game for me and for my friends. I think those people should be fought with, if not, pardon my french, clensed out with a fire and sword. This is not only wrong-directed marketing but something that discourages some vets from play.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 11:06:07 pm by AbbyTheRat »

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2016, 02:02:05 pm »

Offline Hunter.

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 23
    • [T.Pr]
    • View Profile
    • My Hummingbird (Anime Website)
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2016, 02:05:05 pm »
I thought the video was pretty funny, probably the only non-nerdcubed let's play-ish video i've laughed at in a while.

Does it give a good message about the game, it's features and it's community?

fuck no.

Is it funny and will it remind people they own the game?

fuck yeah.

Offline Schwalbe

• [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2016, 02:21:40 pm »
I thought the video was pretty funny, probably the only non-nerdcubed let's play-ish video i've laughed at in a while.

Does it give a good message about the game, it's features and it's community?

fuck no.

Is it funny and will it remind people they own the game?

fuck yeah.

Didn't look at it like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZ2ra-MHmDQ

literally 24 hours after...

IS CRIMSON FUCKER PLAYING GOIO
SWEET BLACK FUCKING SABBATH.

I FEEL I NEED TO GO FOR A WALK.

Offline DJ Logicalia

• Salutes: 191
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2016, 04:54:38 pm »

Offline sparklerfish

• Salutes: 124
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
    • DJ mixes and original tracks on SoundCloud
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2016, 04:57:19 pm »
Stop using "autism" and "retarded" as insults.  Jesus.  English is a wonderfully diverse and varied language.  You can find a word that isn't insulting to people with disabilities.

Offline Schwalbe

• [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2016, 05:05:03 pm »
English is a wonderfully diverse and varied language.

Agreed. Though Polish is better for that.

You can find a word that isn't insulting to people with disabilities.

I do not feel insulted.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 05:09:46 pm by Schwalbe »