Author Topic: JonTron plays GOI...  (Read 23420 times)

Offline Atruejedi

• Salutes: 64
    • [❤❤❤]
    • View Profile
JonTron plays GOI...
« on: February 07, 2016, 05:42:34 am »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktDBsEiVeac

How does this even help? Seriously. Disgusting. I LOVE JonTron, but this doesn't make people want to play the game! And Muse supposedly PAID him to release this!? Why bother!? Goodness...

Offline Schwalbe

• Salutes: 178
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
Re: JonTron plays GOI...
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2016, 06:43:58 am »
I saw this when they shared this on facebook. Oh my fucking lord. This is more carcenogene than a ton of asbestos. This is a compilation of most things wrong with new players...

Edit: Sent an email to Muse to ask WHAT THE FUCK DO THEY THINK THIS IS.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 07:01:10 am by Schwalbe »

Offline C r o w

• Salutes: 15
    • [Lock]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2016, 08:56:38 am »
I just saw the video you peeps were talking about
>Wastes twice a full hwacha salvo on ally
>Repairs with spanner

Well, even when I was at such low levels I didn't behave this retard, heck, I started piloting only after coming out of novicehood because I knew I was too much of a scrub and didn't know enough to drive a ship

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2016, 09:48:04 am »

>is engineer
>"ooh, what's that big gun? I want it"
>kindly remove the game

>inb4 friendly vet community

Verdict? Burn his house down with the lemons.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 12:27:35 pm by AbbyTheRat »

Offline Lu Lu

• Salutes: 12
    • [zl0t]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2016, 10:27:03 am »
Honestly, I kinda lost the will to live for a while after watching this.  The last thing we need is people endorsing this kind of play.

Offline -Anakin-

• Salutes: 47
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2016, 10:34:25 am »
I really think if Muse is actually paying for these types of videos they could at least ask people to play the tutorial and a few matches before they start recording. I'm not asking for high level play, but some basic competence.

The worst part is I think the people watching this who would actually be right for the community would be really turned off by his video, and we'll just get another influx of "lol what is this what am I doing this is stupid I don't know how to play uninstall"

It's a real shame. I like jontron.

Offline Schwalbe

• [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2016, 10:40:25 am »
Can you, lads and lasses, actually SPAM muse about this bullshit? Because they actually have crossed the fucking line this time.

I mean, get every-fucking-one to send an email. Go in game if you have time, and ask players who know more or less their shit to do so.

Also, Anakin, for the first time in about a year I really thought about rage quitting this game for-fucking-ever. So this is not only about new players, it's especially a real big turn-off for experienced players, tired of such behavior, and they are fucking promote this game with such.

I'm mad and stressed, and I can't english, excuse me.

PS: I also probably started a shitstorm below that video, oh well, not like I give a fuck.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 10:44:21 am by Schwalbe »

Offline -Anakin-

• [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2016, 10:48:30 am »
I saw your comments. You pointed out most of his mistakes just fine,  but I'm not sure berating people is the answer either.

Offline Schwalbe

• [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2016, 10:54:23 am »
I'm socialy retarded, I didn't feel like I was berating anyone, also as I said, I run amok today (exam tomorrow, I don't know shit, I can't concentrate because I fucked up and forgot how coffee works on me and my blood preasure and concentration - very bad). Feel free to comment, because I don't want to be seen as a total asshole, or elitist fucker, or whatever.

Also: That photo you included, Disaster, should have caption [Murderous whispering intensifies] - it would fit better.

EDIT: Answer from Muse:

Quote from: Howard
With JonTron's video, this is his video.  We had no influence about this.  You'll see the video from the campaign event, but this was all JonTron.  Yeah it didn't show off the game the best, but this was not something we could have controlled. And in general we don't influence what the youtubers do. The network pitched us an event with some youtubers doing videos, and if it sounds cool we try to give it a shot. But this video wasn't a part of that event and is JonTron's authentic video with his Brandon humor.
Thanks for sharing the concern, Howard

« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 11:05:55 am by Schwalbe »

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2016, 11:29:01 am »
I'm not sure berating people is the answer either.

Well sometimes Muse used to say sth like "We didn't realise that was really a problem, if someone has had told us before..." so actually saying out loud that we don't like something is, in a way, helpful and valid.
Also sometimes pointing out mistakes is the best you can do. I mean, you can't just pat people on the head and saying that they are doing so well when they are actually eating the glue in the corner of the room. From my experience, although this is harsh, many times it's most productive thing you can do for someone.

Fair enough, the video wasn't paid for but still Muse makes a kind of statement by uploading this kind of video on their page. This is a huge turn-off for players who actually know how to play and it actually bring the worst of crowds to the game. And Muse knows it because we've been through this issue after last youtuber campaign, so I don't know what else can be said. Just browse some of the older threads. We are tired of repeating ourselves.

"We in general don't influence what youtubers do". Well, perhaps they need to be nudged in the right direction. There were suggestions of like half-vet half-youtuber matches, probably many volunteers to help out the youtubers to grasp the main concepts of the game. Two last major campaigns proved that your way doesn't work in a long run.

If I've seen such kind of player on my ship I'd probably block+report him. Nuff said.

Offline -Anakin-

• [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2016, 11:31:30 am »
Pointing out issues to Muse is a very different thing to angrily replying to people on a youtube advert. The latter reflects poorly on us and drives people away. Don't try to act like they're the same thing.

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2016, 11:49:25 am »
Fair enough, I misunderstood you.

Well, that's Schwalbe's and other people's personal buisiness, I'd say. We can only approve or frown upon. But, as I said, pointing out mistakes can be valuable.

Offline Solidusbucket

• Salutes: 93
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2016, 11:51:20 am »
I thought it was funny. I watched it several times and lol'd a lot.

Why so serious?

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2016, 11:54:47 am »
Why so serious?

Just read the comments m9. Tl;dr Muse aknowledges the kind of players that vets hate by promoting (showing on their page) video of such player.

Offline Schwalbe

• [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2016, 11:56:12 am »
Disaster was faster in answering.

Currently I'm arguing with Howard... My God...