Author Topic: Back To Basics 2.1 Sign-ups!!  (Read 14620 times)

Offline KitKatKitty

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 41
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
Back To Basics 2.1 Sign-ups!!
« on: January 31, 2016, 01:12:15 pm »
Back to Basics 2.1 Sign-Ups!!

Time: Sunday February 7th at 12:00 pm EST (Muse Time)(5:00pm UTC)
Sign-ups close: Saturday February 6th at 11:59pm EST (4:59am UTC)

This event is for teams of all sizes and compilations. 8-player teams, 4-player teams, a team made of clan members, a team made of just friends, a team made from mix clans, new or old...you are all welcome to join. This event is truly for practice!

Casting this supernacular event will be Guagadu! He will be casting HERE!

For the extended rules and more information: Look Here!

To Sign-up please post the following information
  • Team Name
  • Point of Contact: In-game name and Steam name
  • Logo (if you have one)
  • If your team is a 4 or 8 player team
  • If your team is requesting a certain team to be paired with (maybe you Cronus League Partner for the week)
  • If your team is participating in the SCS, so need to have all your matches done before SCS starts.

Points of Contact for Back to Basics!! are:
nhbearit and KitKatKitty

Offline Jellyjamblue

• Salutes: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Back To Basics 2.1 Sign-ups!!
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2016, 07:47:50 pm »
The Jelly Jams
•Point of Contact: JellyJamBlue
•4 player team

Offline CrstalDream

• Salutes: 3
    • [◣﹏◢]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2016, 11:58:17 am »
RAWR signing up

4 player

Participating SCS

Offline SapphireSage

• Salutes: 11
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2016, 03:23:55 pm »
Hello everyone! I am signing a team up in this house!

Team name: Jube Jube chan's Little Legionaires

POC: SapphireSage

4 players

Offline KitKatKitty

• Community Ambassador
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2016, 09:57:16 am »
Since there are only 3 ships that signed up and we need a minimal of 4. We will not be going forward with Back to Basics!! this weekend. Thank you to all the teams that signed up.

Offline Chase.

• Salutes: 2
    • [RAYS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2016, 11:58:38 am »
I just wanted to let you know that I appreciate your effort in organizing an event like this. Sadly, this week my team wasn't available, but I'm constantly trying to get them to join :)
There is certainly interest in a casual / 'less competitive' event. I think one reason we have few sign-ups is that most players still see themselves as beginners (we certainly are!), and don't dare to join. Maybe it would help if you called this thing explicitly a "Beginner Tournament", "Novice training brawl", or whatever is suited.

Offline KitKatKitty

• Community Ambassador
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2016, 11:59:26 am »
Maybe it would help if you called this thing explicitly a "Beginner Tournament", "Novice training brawl", or whatever is suited.
Thank you for the encouragement! This event doesn't exclude any team, regardless of level, which is why it's not specifically called one of the above names you mentioned. However, it definitely is more oriented towards teams that just want to work on getting a competitive team started, getting a team back into the swing of things or maybe just a weekly event that they don't have to organize themselves. In the rules it mentions that as we set up the matches randomly but if we feel there is an unnecessary "stomp" we reserve the right to re-shuffle the matches. If we were to have something like 2 newer teams and 2 experienced teams sign up (assuming they are 4-player teams) than one of each would be on a team to try to "balance" and our hope would be that the older team would help educate the newer team. This event is all about practice and giving an event that's not competitive so teams can build up and work towards doing more competitive things like the SCS and tournaments like Cronus.

Hope your team gets a chance to sign up for this week!
See you in the skies.

Offline WATERitsME

• Salutes: 10
    • [SMGS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2016, 08:08:27 pm »
If there is another such event, i would be more than happy to scour up a couple of friends, and join. last time i wasnt sure what Guagadu was trying to sell me, so i regretfully declined. now knowing that it is a practice event for members to get into competitive i think its a great idea, and would gladly join, in case there is another event as such...

Offline Guagadu

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 16
    • [Grim]
    • View Profile
    • Guagadu: Twitch
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2016, 08:12:30 pm »
If there is another such event, i would be more than happy to scour up a couple of friends, and join. last time i wasnt sure what Guagadu was trying to sell me, so i regretfully declined. now knowing that it is a practice event for members to get into competitive i think its a great idea, and would gladly join, in case there is another event as such...

It is supposed to happen every Sunday.

Offline MightyKeb

• Salutes: 78
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2016, 08:38:33 am »
In my opinion the old time should be brought back. So many people arent home by 5 pm and 1 hour or 30 mins should be just enough time to take a break if youre going to participate in scs afterwards.

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2016, 09:35:05 am »
In my opinion the old time should be brought back. So many people arent home by 5 pm and 1 hour or 30 mins should be just enough time to take a break if youre going to participate in scs afterwards.

This ^

It's too early for me as I am still reading bed time stories to the twins and calming them for bed, others will be traveling home from work.

Offline Guagadu

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 16
    • [Grim]
    • View Profile
    • Guagadu: Twitch
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2016, 10:19:08 am »

I agree. Most Reapers are very busy, often barely even having time for SCS, and I can't expect then to take three more hours out of their Sunday, when we do play.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 10:26:11 am by Guagadu »

Offline Enraged Cucco

• Salutes: 0
    • [-tS-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2016, 01:35:54 pm »
Me and my friends are interested in signing up a team, but the date for this one isn't for this weekend (Mar. 6) and I couldn't find a new sign-up post for it.  Is there another post where we should sign-up or do I sign-up here?

Offline KitKatKitty

• Community Ambassador
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2016, 12:59:51 pm »
Me and my friends are interested in signing up a team, but the date for this one isn't for this weekend (Mar. 6) and I couldn't find a new sign-up post for it.  Is there another post where we should sign-up or do I sign-up here?

Hi Enraged Cucco, We had posted a Back to Basics!! sign up for quite a few weeks in a row but never had enough teams to actually go forward with it. If you guys are interested I would be willing to put up a sign-up for this weekend. Seeing as some teams found the old time better we could aim for 2:00 pm EST (Muse Time)(7:00pm UTC) work out for your team as well?

Offline Enraged Cucco

• Salutes: 0
    • [-tS-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2016, 10:17:29 pm »
I will double check with my friends, but I'm 90 percent positive we are in.  I will post back hopefully by the end of the night.